East Coast Coverage

billhigginsjr

East Coast Coverage

Post by billhigginsjr »

If I'm interpreting everything I've just read through regarding coverage, it doesn't appear that its worthwhile for me to subscribe at this time if all of my flights are just GA flights here in the east coast correct ??

Bill
Keith Smith

Re: East Coast Coverage

Post by Keith Smith »

If you feel strongly that the only way you can get value from your simulation experience is by flying in your local airspace, then yes, you should not subscribe. However, considering I live and fly in New Jersey, I speak from years of experience in saying that it doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

An ILS on the east coast works the same as anywhere else in the country. It's all about towered ops vs non-towered, precision approaches vs non-precision, full approaches vs vectors to final.

I've had to fly my plane all over the country, including visiting places I've never been, and hadn't pre-practiced in the sim. It's...all...the...same. :)

Consider this, if you need to conduct a trip to a state you've never been to, I think you'll find the task fairly straight forward if you've been exposed to countless "new" airspaces prior to that. That's a great skill to have IMO.
billhigginsjr

Post by billhigginsjr »

Keith Smith wrote:If you feel strongly that the only way you can get value from your simulation experience is by flying in your local airspace, then yes, you should not subscribe. However, considering I live and fly in New Jersey, I speak from years of experience in saying that it doesn't matter. It really doesn't.

An ILS on the east coast works the same as anywhere else in the country. It's all about towered ops vs non-towered, precision approaches vs non-precision, full approaches vs vectors to final.

I've had to fly my plane all over the country, including visiting places I've never been, and hadn't pre-practiced in the sim. It's...all...the...same. :)

Consider this, if you need to conduct a trip to a state you've never been to, I think you'll find the task fairly straight forward if you've been exposed to countless "new" airspaces prior to that. That's a great skill to have IMO.

Thanks for the reply Keith. I understand and appreciate what your saying.

Bill
msmith3972

Post by msmith3972 »

I'd be happy with just 24 hr coverage. As is, I can't fly during the time ATC is online. :cry:
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Understandable, but that would increase our base operating costs by at least 38%. If it doesn't generate at least a 38% increase in revenue, then the company would be losing money with that move. It's far from a no-brainer. We're aware that not every pilot can work with our 15hr/day operating window.