Voice Disabled

Jacobareford

Voice Disabled

Post by Jacobareford »

Hello, i have searched the forums and tried all of the suggested things i could find:
-set both playback and recording devices to the same headset
-checked the "allow apps to access your microphone" both apps and desktop apps are enabled, with x-plane listed
-restarted xplane and rebooted the computer with the headset selected as default device
-disabled every other recording device except the headset
-tested the microphone in windows

This did not start happening until I installed the latest Windows 10 build 2004. I may try uninstalling that update. Anyone else have that build?

Here is my pilotedge_out.txt:
Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.6.3
initVoice: playback device: {0.0.0.00000000}.{5126e4ce-d709-42aa-ab72-439ae531a091}, capture device: {0.0.1.00000000}.{1e4d7063-7dc6-4fd0-832f-790f36c04639}
initVoice returned 2321
PilotEdge initialized
Entered deferred startup
completed deferred startup
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for E:\steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\ADDONS\Boeing767-Full\PE_voltage.txt
using custom voltage dataref 1-sim/elec/radioBus
looking for E:\steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\ADDONS\Boeing767-Full\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for E:\steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\ADDONS\Boeing767-Full\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for E:\steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\ADDONS\Boeing767-Full\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting GTI3286 with ICAO type: B763
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Checking for traffic relay file...
COM1 is now considered to be off
COM2 is now considered to be off
Jacobareford

Re: Voice Disabled

Post by Jacobareford »

So i tried reverting the feature update and reinstalling the plugin, and the issue is persisting. No idea what would be causing this. "Connected to PilotEdge. Voice disabled"
Jacobareford

Post by Jacobareford »

In case anyone runs into this in the future: The way to resolve is to delete the VSprosound.ini file from \\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\PilotEdge\VSPro Resources

Thanks to Matt on discord.
MWDilday

Post by MWDilday »

I had this issue a couple of days ago and updated my system and all works now.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The download/installation page now covers this case in more detail, including the suggestion to remove the preferences file.

Also, I moved this to the X-Plane forum.