Voice disabled when connected to PE- Need help!

fltsimguy

Voice disabled when connected to PE- Need help!

Post by fltsimguy »

I have read all the posts in this forum on how to fix the issue of "voice disabled" I just can't find the solution so I have posted my Pilot Edge out txt document here. When I tune to ATIS and press "contact ATC" button a popup screen comes up with suggestions to contact what ATC appropriate freqs and my PTT button does not cancel l out the ATIS....help is MUCH appreciated!!! :D
!!!
John

Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.6.3
initVoice: playback device: {0.0.0.00000000}.{89eea152-57cd-4b84-b2f1-ab52370047b6}, capture device: {0.0.1.00000000}.{70008746-8683-4942-af36-604507a4ae42}
initVoice returned 2321
PilotEdge initialized
Entered deferred startup
completed deferred startup
Setting up connection details...
Checking for slaves...
Checking for server file...
Checking for voice service file...
looking for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\SR22 Series\TorqueSim SR22\PE_voltage.txt
looking for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\SR22 Series\TorqueSim SR22\PE_groundspeed.txt
looking for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\SR22 Series\TorqueSim SR22\PE_com_selector.txt
looking for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\SR22 Series\TorqueSim SR22\PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N128SP with ICAO type: SR22
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Checking for traffic relay file...
COM2 is now considered to be off
Prefs: error getting current capture device, error #1
Prefs: error getting current playback device, error #1
error getting current recording device: 0 or playback device: 2308
VSProClient: disconnect() entered
MessageController::sendMsg entered: msg = QUIT
status = 38
VSProClient: sent bye
VSProClient: signalled controller entered
VSProClient: connection closed
MessageController exiting
VSProClient: disconnect() complete
Kevin_atc

Re: Voice disabled when connected to PE- Need help!

Post by Kevin_atc »

You say you have read all the posts in this forum on this topic, so you already tried deleting vsprosound.ini? What else have you tried?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

initVoice: playback device: {0.0.0.00000000}.{89eea152-57cd-4b84-b2f1-ab52370047b6}, capture device: {0.0.1.00000000}.{70008746-8683-4942-af36-604507a4ae42}
initVoice returned 2321
Anything other than a 0 return code on initVoice means that it failed to initialize one of the audio devices. Delete your vsprosound.ini file as suggested on this page: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/connect-xplane (search the page for VOICE DISABLED and you'll see a detailed section on this topic).
fltsimguy

Post by fltsimguy »

Keith,

I did miss this option of deleting vsprosound.ini....that did it and I am now getting good voice communication. I upgraded my system for MSFS2020 and that was probably the reason I stopped having good voice communication. All good now. Thank you very much

John
mhmcceney@gmail.com

Post by mhmcceney@gmail.com »

I am now getting the "VOICE DISABLED" message after a year of using PE and making no changes to my hardware. I followed the PE instructions and Windows is configured to recognize the mic in Xplane and there is no VSProSound.ini file in the VSProResources directory. I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and it all worked well until a week ago. I am running the Steam version of Xplane11. I also uninstalled PE and reinstalled. Still not working, Any suggestions??

thanks for your help!!!
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

mhmcceney@gmail.com wrote:I am now getting the "VOICE DISABLED" message after a year of using PE and making no changes to my hardware. I followed the PE instructions and Windows is configured to recognize the mic in Xplane and there is no VSProSound.ini file in the VSProResources directory. I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and it all worked well until a week ago. I am running the Steam version of Xplane11. I also uninstalled PE and reinstalled. Still not working, Any suggestions??

thanks for your help!!!
If I recall, the vsprosound.ini is in plugins/pilotedge. Don’t look as deep as VSProResources. If that doesn’t solve your problem, swing by our live chat discord server for real time assistance. www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The VSProSound.ini file (if it exists) does live in the resources/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources/ folder (correcting the post above).

Can you try setting your voice input/output devices from the preferences?
mhmcceney@gmail.com

Post by mhmcceney@gmail.com »

It's working now and I'm not sure what changed. I did disconnect and reconnect my VR headset. Perhaps that was the issue. Thanks everyone.