Seeing Live (PE) Traffic

virtualDon

Seeing Live (PE) Traffic

Post by virtualDon »

OK, I have all my MFS2020 traffic (AI and live) off as noted by the installation page (I've also dialed down the airport vehicles as MFS2020 likes to ram me with fuel trucks or put maintenance vehicles on the runway if I don't use their ATC services!). My question is, What traffic do I see? It seems like I only see about half the aircraft the controllers are talking to. After landing at KEMT, for instance, the tower gave one guy a landing clearance but advised him there was departing traffic on RY19. I could see the Skyhawk taxi onto RY19 and then take off but the traffic on approach was not displayed. In fact, when I was sure he must have landed already, the tower gave him taxi instructions to parking and he should have been coming right toward me. Do we only see other people using MFS2020. I'm afraid I don't know what client he was using but do I not see Xplane or Prepar3D traffic?
Kevin_atc

Re: Seeing Live (PE) Traffic

Post by Kevin_atc »

You should see all of it, regardless of the sim the other user is running. Unfortunately, FS2020 with all of its quirks has caused some traffic to randomly not display at times. Hopefully Microsoft will fix this moving forward, but no guarantees. Often a quick disconnect and reconnect solves the problem.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
virtualDon

Post by virtualDon »

Thanks - I wasn't sure since it must be almost half the time I see no traffic (none is displayed!). I'll have to try sitting at a busy airport and listening to the controller and see how many of the other planes show up!
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Easier to just go to KCPM and use the show drone option on the live map
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
virtualDon

Post by virtualDon »

I've been reading up on drones - cool! I had no idea they were flying around with us. Does this explain why when I was on the ramp at L88 there was an Airbus 320 Neo sitting on the taxiway? Or was that a MFS2020 aberration?

BTW, when I reconnected I did see every traffic that the live map showed, so that's good!
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Yes, the default model when model matching can't find a suitable match is the A320. You can change the default aircraft in your settings under Model Matching. Entries into that field must match the aircraft title in the aircraft.cfg. For example, mine is set as "Generic Piston Multi Engines Asobo 00" and will display the generic twin instead of an airliner.
virtualDon

Post by virtualDon »

Scott Medeiros wrote:Yes, the default model when model matching can't find a suitable match is the A320. You can change the default aircraft in your settings under Model Matching. Entries into that field must match the aircraft title in the aircraft.cfg. For example, mine is set as "Generic Piston Multi Engines Asobo 00" and will display the generic twin instead of an airliner.
That would do it - it said "Generic two engine airliner". I had to go off-roading to taxi around that beastie. Thanks for the info!