PE layers for ForeFlight, Garmin Pilot, Skyvector

Kilstorm

PE layers for ForeFlight, Garmin Pilot, Skyvector

Post by Kilstorm »

How nice would it be if PilotEdge could reach out to Foreflight, Garmin Pilot and Skyvector and create a layer that could be enabled or disabled that would signify which airports are towered controlled by PE? Just a simple overlay as so not to pull from real world use. Much like how users can select all kinds of overlays.

Edit to add: PilotEdge is a professional training service for students and active pilots around the world so by approaching these companies with the idea, its not gaming up their product but enhancing it. Even GarminPilot has a Simulator built in feature as well as ForeFlight I believe.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Re: PE layers for ForeFlight, Garmin Pilot, Skyvector

Post by Keith Smith »

If it helps, ForeFlight supports custom map layers through KML/KMZ files which can be exported from Google Maps very easily.
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Keith that does help. I fly using Garmin Pilot which I find also offers a KML layer. So since both GarminPilot and ForeFlight offer the ability to have a KML layer, could PE come up with a step by step tutorial of how to add and even better, have the KML file to download and use?
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Seriously I looked at trying to make a KML file in Google Earth and let the old fashioned get the best of me. If your team could create a kml file for GarminPilot and Foreflight with how to install, that would a great addition. I fly always with garmin Pilot connected to the sim and to be able to have a circle shaded color over the controlled airport to make sure I dont bust into tower controlled airspace would be great.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA