[X-Plane] Adding airport layouts and signage

djrisc

Re: [X-Plane] Adding airport layouts and signage

Post by djrisc »

Ok, I'm going to remove the custom scenery and update my default apt.dat file.

I had just added the scenery from the link above when I lost all the signage.

Thanks,

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Jeff, that's a little bit odd. Could be your rendering settings, or it could be that your apt.dat is not the latest. Try grabbing the most recent from: http://data.x-plane.com/get_data.html
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks Keith, that did it! I thought just running the updater within XP9 would get me the latest apt.dat files. Now I know where to look from now on.

Now I can get started on making scenery for VNY so it doesn't look like flying into an empty parking lot. I'll post a link in the scenery thread when done.
xwind2406

Post by xwind2406 »

Keith, may be someone has already asked this - but could you post a video link / tutorial to add signages using WED? I can take on an airport after watching the tutorial.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sorry, but someone else will need to do that, I haven't tackled taxiway layouts in close to 8 years and the process has totally changed since then.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Hey xwind, here's a great tutorial on how to use WED on the org: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65834

You're off to a good start with the airports you've done so far. Thank you for contributing to the X-Plane landscape!
NBurke

Post by NBurke »

Here is Gillespie Airfield that I found on the ORG,
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi ... san-diego/

not the best but good enough imo
FlyElias

Post by FlyElias »

Holy smokes, this is an old thread!

Is this effort still underway? KSAC is pretty accurate now with some addon scenery, but it could use some more details - like that TRANSIENT sign that I refer to for my ramp parking spot. I'd did some work on Yolo (KDWA) to remove trees, but I need to add on exclusion zone to the whole airport as I learned earlier this week in the real world.

In general, I'd love to see work (do work) done on all of the airports to which I fly on the SF (mostly northern) sectional. There are some other details I'd love to talk to people about too, like the cooling towers for the nuclear power plant that we use as a visual for our practice area.

There's a lot of work to do still, but I have a lot of questions. If I make changes, for example, how do they get added to X-Plane 11 updates.

It's a 2011 thread, but it was right at the top of this forum section.

Best,
FlyElias