Splitting sound in left/right speakers

Kilstorm

Splitting sound in left/right speakers

Post by Kilstorm »

Took a flight in my friends SR22 and a couple of really cool features I've never seen before was he had the ability to have Comm1 play in one ear and Comm2 play in the other. Additionally, he had a button that allowed the pilot to push it and it played back the last ATC Tx. Push it twice and it went back two calls prior etc. Is any of those feature available to be coded into PilotEdge in future builds? Or would those features only be possible in the computer or sims software?
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Re: Splitting sound in left/right speakers

Post by Keith Smith »

I've considered the panning of audio to the left/right for com1/2, it wouldn't be impossible to code. The playback buffer is a level of complexity that I don't want to touch, though. There are many other fish to fry prior to that, though. Both would have to be implemented at the PE plugin level, unless we simply allowed separate audio device selection for com1 and com2 (something I've also considered) where users could setup a virtual mixer to create virtual devices that would route the audio to existing physical devices, but panned left/right accordingly. Implementing separate com2 device output is enough UI work that it would be just as much work to simply pan the audio ourselves as a selectable feature.
Kilstorm

Re: Splitting sound in left/right speakers

Post by Kilstorm »

Thanks Keith for the reply. Very informative.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA