PilotEdge Preferences causes X-Plane to crash

sciencemagic

PilotEdge Preferences causes X-Plane to crash

Post by sciencemagic »

X-Plane was running fine, but when I loaded it today the radio communications on PilotEdge were not working. I noticed there was an update to the PilotEdge software (PilotEdge_1.6.3c) that was supposed to fix the problem of not being able to see other aircraft. So I updated the software, and then when I ran X-Plane it said there was a new version of X-plane. I tired ignoring and running X-Plane, but still no communications. When I tried to select "PilotEdge...Preferences" to alter the sound settings, X-Plane crashed. Next I updated X-Plane to 11.51r1, but the same crash occurred. The software runs fine and I can even log into PilotEdge, but as soon as I try to change the PilotEdge preferences, it crashes. I've tried with Vulkan turned on and off. Next I used the old PilotEdge software, with the same result.
I have an old copy of X-Plane on the same computer: 11.41. This one runs fine, connects to Pilotedge, shows other aircraft, and communications works.
I was using the stock C172 G1000 aircraft.
Kevin_atc

Re: PilotEdge Preferences causes X-Plane to crash

Post by Kevin_atc »

One thing you could try is going into your PilotEdge plugin folder > VSProResources and deleting the file called vsprosound.ini. Then fire up XPlane and see if you have any luck.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
sciencemagic

Post by sciencemagic »

Well, it's working now. Apparently either the PilotEdge folder was corrupted, OR it didn't like the fact that I had TWO PilotEdge folders, even though one was labeled "Bak" or "OLD." I deleted all the folders, and then copied in the folder from a working copy of X-Plane, and now things seem to be good! For now...
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Not a good idea to have two copies of the plugin loaded at the same time. Having the plugin in another folder doesn't stop it from loading. If you want to back up the folder, the best bet is to store it outside of the plugins tree, otherwise it can still cause conflicts.