P3D Pro 3.4.22.19868 and Taxiway K at KSNA

ichiphead

P3D Pro 3.4.22.19868 and Taxiway K at KSNA

Post by ichiphead »

Surely I'm not the only one having this problem...

Take a look at the graphic below. You're looking at Taxiway K to the left of runway 20L at KSNA. (P3D Pro 3.4.22 running on a Redbird TD2 BATD.) This is a problem because many "I" ratings use this taxiway. I have tried asking the PE controllers "request full length" or asking for taxiway L instead, but they always seem reticent.

One time I was told to update my scenery, but to what? Plus, I would point out that I don't think you're allowed to be screwing with stuff like that on an FAA certified BATD.

Seeking advice on this....
Attachments
Taxiway K as KSNA.jpg
Taxiway K as KSNA.jpg (449.26 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
Marcus Becker

Re: P3D Pro 3.4.22.19868 and Taxiway K at KSNA

Post by Marcus Becker »

Well, honestly that's a tough one. Have you reached out to Lockheed Martin to see how you can update scenery for appropriate usage of the sim? SNA is just one of those places that PE has a pretty good relationship with how it works in the real environment. Piston aircraft simply don't get full length. Can you adjust your starting position to you can accept 20R at KILO instead of starting on the east side? It's all GA off of BRAVO so try picking a point over there if Lockheed Martin can't help you.
ichiphead

Post by ichiphead »

That's a good idea--I'll give that a try.
ichiphead

Post by ichiphead »

Didn't work. The plane crashes (even though there isn't anything visible there) when I try to taxi on KILO off of the ramp on the other side.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I would say it's ideal to start looking at ways to update scenery in the BATD. Lockheed Martin will have the answers for you. The platform could be problematic down the line if you're unable. Imagine after landing with aircraft trailing on final and ATC needs you to exit at a point your sim doesn't allow. Hopefully it's a non-issue and you are able to simply update airport scenery when needed.
ichiphead

Post by ichiphead »

Thank you so much for your help, Marcus. I'm going to backup (clone) the SSD and then install the Blueprint Simulations KSNA and see how that goes. It should work.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Yeah, I agree. Backup and try. You may need to knock back settings to make it work smoothly but it should work.
ichiphead

Post by ichiphead »

To follow up, I installed Blueprint Simulations KSNA and it is all good now. ($11) Didn't need to change any of the rendering settings.