KGEG ILS question

FDXDave

KGEG ILS question

Post by FDXDave »

So maybe this IAF has been there for a while, not sure, usually Runway 21 is the one in use. But today I was arriving on the the ZOOMR1 into Spokane. Atis had RW 03 is use, so I stated I'll fly the ILS 03 starting from YICUB the (IAF). No one had corrected my approach, so I guess I flew it well enough...but after reviewing the chart more closely, I'm not certain what the meaning of the published instruction.

The chart says after YICUB there is a section "4400 NoPT to JEGDU", then 113° hdg (9.8), and 031° (6.2) I know the 4400 is the MEA for that section.

Do the numbers inside the ( ) mean DME from the GEG VOR? Meaning, after I depart YICUB, I should fly on a manual heading of 113 until 9.8 DME, until I intercept the LOC which is 031 runway coarse? I think the NoPT means no procedure turn is required on this appr, I'm just confused on the 113 and 031 coarse and what the numbers are inside the parentheses.

Thanks,

Dave
Attachments
GEG01.png
GEG01.png (90.6 KiB) Viewed 7600 times
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: KGEG ILS question

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

The numbers in brackets are leg distance, not DME. The feeder leg from YICUB to JEGDU has a turn. You'll be on a 113 heading for 9.8 miles, then turn on to the LOC and it's another 6.8 miles to JEGDU. That's not one that you see a lot. Brackets will indicate the length of that leg. DME will always have the navaid ident next to it to indicate what the DME is from. Yes, NoPT means no procedure turn.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
FDXDave

Re: KGEG ILS question

Post by FDXDave »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote: Brackets will indicate the length of that leg. DME will always have the navaid ident next to it to indicate what the DME is from. .. Yes, NoPT means no procedure turn.
Cool. That makes sense, Thanks for the help. : )

Dave.