[Sun, Nov 6] First post-launch event!

Andrew Doubleday

Re: [Sun, Nov 6] First post-launch event!

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

I've gotta say, this was _hands down_ one of the best days I've seen yet. I definitely enjoyed controlling today. I found myself wishing I could get on and fly at the same time...
Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI

Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Truly a great event tonight. I did two down and back trips for a total of 4 flights between SMO and SAN. The first time down was rife with silly mistakes, but the last flight of the night made up for all the goof ups of the night. I don't know if I did everything perfectly, but it all seemed to come together. Even though I felt like I was headed in the wrong direction out of SAN, I followed my clearance and ATC didn't have to correct me and I kept flying until the SLI148 radial came in. What a great feeling it was to see it come together. PE is a great teaching tool and I am truly addicted.

As I was flying past SNA, I watched as Dawn did pattern work. As I sat at SMO after landing, I watched Frank D grease his landing. Thanks again for a great night!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Indeed! That was great....sometime I was hearing the other pilots as well as the ATC. Was it my impression or some intermittent stuff was going on?
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

TexFly, there was one operational issue during a shift change where pilots were routed to a different controller than the one the one they should've been speaking with, but that was about it as far as I know. What did you experience?

Thanks to the pilots that flew for the event(s). I was happy with the turnout considering we only gave one day's notice for the event. I simply didn't want to let another w/end to pass by without getting it done, but had been busy with commercial account development throughout the week.

There will be more events, you can count on it!
Charan Kumar

Post by Charan Kumar »

It was a blast flying with so many aircraft...my choice of acfts for the events ahem were interesting and I had to push them to their limits but 6nm behind a piper in a CONC was definitely fun, thx to the approach controller for some gr8 sequencing. I will be sure to return for these events.

One thing I gotta remember is LAX area has so many airports that I could be reporting the wrong field in sight, which I did. thanks to the onboard default GPS, it saved my day...lessons learned.
curtis008

Post by curtis008 »

Question about routes for piston. This one was listed for the caper. SMO SMO125R V64 V363 DANAH V23 MZB
I found a list on the Vatsim ZLA website. And after the event found it on this website.
where does one find them, for flight planning. I was looking on sky vectors website IFR low and VFR and this route is not listed.

Thanks in advance. Curtis
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

You should disregard the VATSIM ZLA site and simroutes, as they are not up to date as far as TECs go.

All the TECs are listed in the same place where they are defined - The A/FD.

aeronav.faa.gov

Skyvector doesn't contain any routes, but charts.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

curtis008 wrote:Question about routes for piston. This one was listed for the caper. SMO SMO125R V64 V363 DANAH V23 MZB
I found a list on the Vatsim ZLA website. And after the event found it on this website.
where does one find them, for flight planning. I was looking on sky vectors website IFR low and VFR and this route is not listed.

Thanks in advance. Curtis
Here's the FAA's preferred route database:
http://www.fly.faa.gov/rmt/nfdc_preferr ... tabase.jsp

The AFD works, too, as Alex said, but it's a little more time consuming to navigate.