A STAR for Oshkosh - SimVenture 2023

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Medtner

A STAR for Oshkosh - SimVenture 2023

Post by Medtner »

Greetings wing rockers!

For SimVenture 2021 I created a STAR to serve as a fun planning tool for the really dedicated pilots who want to fly their planes to Oshkosh before the big event. It's not a Standard Terminal Arrival Route, but rather a SimVenture Tag Along Route.

It's now updated it to reflect the SimVenture 2023 Event 13th to 16th July.

The point of creating it was just to make a fun and relevant (for the aviation geeks on PilotEdge) way of planning routes, either solo or in groups. Try gathering in groups, making the flight to Oshkosh an event in itself!

PDF of the STAR.OSH7:

Page 1:
All the various "feeders" (SEA, PDX, OTH, SFO, LAX, SNA, SAN) have their own routes and ultimately funnels to APA (Centennial) and from there leads to Oshkosh. All the legs are supplied with a magnetic heading and a MOCA for planning purposes. Feel free to ignore any parts of this page, or skip back and forth between feeder routes. Remember also that if you're VFR, "I don't care, ... do what you want".

Page 2:
This is a set of long legs more or less direct to Oshkosh (or Fond du Lac). Use the inset for the last 60 miles or so. The complete Fisk arrival is there for reference, but it's recommended to land at a satellite airport to regroup before entering the Fisk approach to Oshkosh. Fond du Lac will be staffed with a temporary tower during the event, so that's an excellent place to go. You won't be alone in going there.
The one and only important part of this whole STAR is the NOTE: "Read and follow the NOTICE."

The SimVenture 2023 NOTICE (AKA NOTAM) will be available on this page, including the newest 2023-version of the scenery for the simulator (mandatory update).
https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/simventure2023

Enjoy the event and the exciting days leading up to it!

Keep the sunny side up - except when wildly wing-rocking over Fisk!

Erik (Medtner)
Attachments
STAR.OSH7.pdf
(2.3 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
DrZGard

Re: A STAR for Oshkosh - SimVenture 2023

Post by DrZGard »

I get a 404 error for the scenery download link.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
Kevin_atc

Re: A STAR for Oshkosh - SimVenture 2023

Post by Kevin_atc »

DrZGard wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:07 am I get a 404 error for the scenery download link.

The scenery is no longer available.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord