Update duration

ericRacer

Update duration

Post by ericRacer »

Hi, I would like to use your platform again but first I need to update my NAVdata. I use realityXP with a garmin 400 and I wonder how often you update it and if you are really up to date like in reality.
thanks
Kevin_atc

Re: Update duration

Post by Kevin_atc »

Hi Eric,

Our controllers always use 100% up to date nav data. Having said that, it likely won’t be a show-stopper if you don’t have the latest AIRAC. The only time you’ll really run into an issue is if you’re flying RNAV/GPS procedures and there’s an entirely new waypoint. Aside from that, you’ll either find that procedures haven’t changed in years, or you can manually enter the procedures into the nav units.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
ericRacer

Post by ericRacer »

ok ,It's interesting to know this info.thanks
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

One note on the RealityXP GNS units, they use the training software for the actual Garmin GNS units. While this is great for accuracy to the real units, it means that options are very limited to update the nav data for it. And really, the only option now it to update it using the actual database used in real units with is $$$$$ unless you already own one IRL. Garmin used to update the database of the trainers once a year or so, but several years ago stopped supporting the Trainer software for the GNS units, and will no longer update it.

For what it's worth, the default xplane 430/530 very good and is updateable through several means that are low to no cost for sim pilots.
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS