Pilotclient IDENT keybind Request

cdegroat82

Pilotclient IDENT keybind Request

Post by cdegroat82 »

Hey folks. With the upcoming VR release, is there any way to get a joystick/keybind option to ident? I feel this would make VR flying easier as well single monitor folks so we wouldnt need to alt tab/remove headset ect.

Thanks and stay well!
uncertifiedpilot

Re: Pilotclient IDENT keybind Request

Post by uncertifiedpilot »

It is a MSFS limitation at the moment. Vote here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tr ... ies/341835
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube
cdegroat82

Post by cdegroat82 »

Sweet - voted!
Antzx6r

Post by Antzx6r »

If this is still an issue for those wanting to use VR with 2020 and as frustrated as I am with the need to jump in and out of vr. I believe I might have come up with a possible work around. I don’t have a dedicated touch screen but I found an app to make your iPad a second screen (extended). It’s about $10 us for the basic iPad app and free for the windows app. It needs to be installed on both. With this I can put PE in the second display (iPad) and while in VR tap ident on the client with touch screen. You will need to lift the headset to see what you’re doing but it’s better than closing VR just to squawk ident. Still hope they add keybind but it’s a start.
Antzx6r

Post by Antzx6r »

Sorry. It’s called Duet. Written by ex-apple employees apparently. So should be well written.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Oculus has the ability to pin a window anywhere you want in VR. Technically, you could just have the client window pinned in your lap and press IDENT if ATC ever asks for it.
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Asobo has created a simvar (coding) for the ident feature. Currently, only the Working Title G1000 NXi button actually sends this signal.

Voting will help Asobo recognize that the community wants this feature implemented, and they'll be able to update the existing ident buttons to actually work. If you haven't voted in the flightsimulator.com forum post, please do so.

Thanks!
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

I believe that Asobo have made some progress on this issue according to the FS forums. Is it now possible to bind a button to Ident in the sim or is some external programming needed?
Steve
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

This feature has been implemented on PilotEdge for a little over a year. The default aircraft, as well as the vast majority of third party add-on aircraft, now have transponders that properly model the ident button. You simply click the ident button in the cockpit, and our controllers will see the ident signal on their radar scopes. The default G3000 was the last default avionics with the transponder ident INOP, but that may be fixed at this point (it's been a while since I checked).

It doesn't appear that MSFS has an option to key bind a physical button press to the ident feature.
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

Thanks for the update. I’m wondering if anybody has been successful in binding a button to Ident using FSUIPC ?