Squawk code changing by itself?

Turner

Squawk code changing by itself?

Post by Turner »

Using FS 2020.

Just got back on PE today & decided to do the CAT 1.

I requested flight following & was given a code and told to ident, but nothing happened - then I noticed my code changed.

Tried it again, didn't work.

Tried a third time & was told NOT to ident, and that time it worked; however, a bit later, the code had changed again.

Any ideas?

thanks
Marcus Becker

Re: Squawk code changing by itself?

Post by Marcus Becker »

Couple things going on here.

Your MSFS setup is incomplete. You missed Step 3 in the process. "3. Go to Options > Assistance Options > Piloting to disable “AI Radio Communications (ATC)”. See the MSFS client download page and step 3 for an image of the settings window.

If you're flying the CAT 1 rating, you should probably read the rating requirements again. The very first sentence will already identify your first error that will end in an unsuccessful attempt.

If you haven't joined the PE discord yet, please consider it. You'll get to have a more real time communication with clients from all over the world to help with questions you posted here. These forums are not visited very much anymore.

Marcus
Turner

Post by Turner »

Hi Marcus -

Thanks, thought I had disabled it since I was no longer hearing ATC via MSFS... guess not!

That said, I didn't even know FS could change your squawk / radios without specifically telling it to do so through the ATC window.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Turner wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pm I didn't even know FS could change your squawk / radios without specifically telling it to do so through the ATC window.
FS2020…how “realistic”
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord