Want to help?

Keith Smith

Want to help?

Post by Keith Smith »

I receive an encouraging number of emails and private messages from users wishing PilotEdge great success. These always come as an unexpected surprise and are greatly appreciated. I get the sense that many people would like to see the network do well continue to grow.

To that end, I thought I'd let you know what users CAN do that will help with the success of the network. It's actually simpler than you'd think. The very best thing you can do to help PE grow is to FLY as often as is convenient.

We currently have ~230-250 registered pilots. On most evenings, we see 4-7 pilots flying online at the same time. That's a good start, and does mean that pilots will hear ATC talking to other aircraft from time to time, but it's still short of the network hitting 'high gear'.

The other thing you can do is help spread the word about the network and what it's all about, especially to your local flight school and other pilots. If a flight school is interested, our contact info is available on the Contact page on the site, or they can simply email sales@pilotedge.net. We're _really_ good at replying quickly to those.

The combination of those two things will help us reach critical mass where our traffic density is sufficiently interesting for those that fly on the network.

Edit: Here is a flyer you can print and hand out.
theskunk

Re: Want to help?

Post by theskunk »

Keith,

I think I speak for most of us here who feel that what PE is providing is a hugely valuable service. I provided information to the flight school which I flew with today about PE, and my instructor saw first hand the difference between last week and this week -- his specific comment was that I sounded like a completely different pilot on the radio, and it sounded to him like i had been doing this for much longer than I had. Due to PE I managed my Class D/C signoff today, in about an hour. Usually this is separated into 3-4 different flights before a signoff is felt comfortable about.

I've got 3 other schools in the area and I plan to touch base with them regarding your service as well.
theskunk

Re: Want to help?

Post by theskunk »

Another note -- could you post the flyer that you emailed to me? I think that might be great as a quick handout.