New to the Malibu

Keith Smith

Re: New to the Malibu

Post by Keith Smith »

Definitely let us know how you do on the check ride when the time comes. It wasn't me down at KPDK. I haven't been in that neck of the woods for a while.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Gentlemen, I do not mean to make any strong opinions on how Chandler's Pipers fly but inspired by this thread, I took couple of them for a ride.
I was thrilled to see how fast I was able to trim them in a level flight or in landing configuration.

I have to pick up one of the Chandler's Pipers to start practicing IFR.
Now I am flying BE-20 but that plane seems to be too fast for me ( at least for now in my process of learning on PE)

Would you mind to post here any suggestions what plane would be suitable for above task?

Cheers, Andrzej
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Piper Warrior or if you specifically want to fly something faster than what you're flying in real life, the Saratoga (turbocharged).

You'll remember I spoke with you in person about keeping things simple and realistic. There's a reason students don't start out in a King Air, and isn't just the cost of the rental ;)
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Thank you, Keith. I will use Piper Cherokee and Saratoga from now on exclusively. Yes, I remember our talk, I value your advises a lot. :)