Help planning KSEE-KOXR

Colin Payette

Help planning KSEE-KOXR

Post by Colin Payette »

I want to fly to Oxnard (KOXR) from Gillespie (KSEE), and I want to practice it a few times on PE before actually doing it for real. I'm having a hard time planning this one though.

I'm thinking about heading westbound, then taking V27/V25, Coastal LAX transition, heading NW towards the visual water tank then following the 101 in. I'd terminate flight following before reaching KCMA's airspace and contact them for a transition. Then what? Do I just ask for an early frequency change so I can contact Oxnard tower? Same thing when I depart to come back home - do I just request this with my takeoff? The Class D for both airports are touching.
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
NM Doug

Re: Help planning KSEE-KOXR

Post by NM Doug »

Sounds like a pretty flight! One possibility approaching Oxnard is to stay above 2000 while northwest bound until you clear the KCMA delta near the Saticoy Bridge. You can call up Oxnard tower early, maybe when you're approaching Conejo Grade - couldn't hurt for them to know you're coming, and they may even have a particular way they'd like you to enter their delta.

That's my first guess, anyhow ;)

For a r/w flight, I'd consider calling up the Oxnard FBO to ask what the most common procedure is, too.

- Doug
Roger Wigfield

Re: Help planning KSEE-KOXR

Post by Roger Wigfield »

Plan on long straight in to oxnard staying south of Camarillo and north of Point Mugu. Contact Point Mugu Approach on 124.7 about 10 to 15 miles out. They will give you traffic advisories into oxnard. Busy area but not too complex. Roger from KSZP.