MS Flight?

robertvo

MS Flight?

Post by robertvo »

Did you guys download the new just released MS Flight?
I did and it's awesome, the graphics, music and flight feel is great and... the training missions are free.
The only thing is they included the A5 Icon plane in the training missions, so flying feels more like driving a car.
But other planes are great.

I wonder if they'll ever release API. That would be great.
I wish I could fly MS Flight + SIM AVIO + Pilot edge that would be a nice combo.
arb65912

Re: MS Flight?

Post by arb65912 »

Hi Robert, not to cut down your enthusiasm but from many sources I have read so far, MS Flight is called a game versus X-Plane which is in my and many others opinion the most realistic simulator you can get to date. :(

Of course, I respect any other choices, I just want to get as close to reality while flying on PE as I can. :)

Cheers, AJ
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

I would concur. Flight's primary focus appears to be gaming, rather than simulation. it also appears at present that they will not be encouraging add-on developers either. It is unlikely to ever be the "FS11" that folks were hoping for. But, it may help pull folks into the aviation "world", who may then turn to other software for serious simulation.

But you have FSX and X-Plane.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The future of FSX is P3D. That's the FSX code base, now being maintained by Lockheed Martin. Right now, there's only a developer license $9.95/mth, or a commercial license (several hundred dollars), but I suspect that will eventually change and a standard retail model will be built for it.

The "developer" license is actually available to everyone....even Belgians.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Keith Smith wrote:The "developer" license is actually available to everyone....even Belgians.
A little bit of aeons-old Anglophonic-Francophonic rivalry there, Keith old chap? :lol:

PS: For anyone not getting the joke, check KS' intro/bio.