Help with SBP LOC-11 approach

Ryan B

Help with SBP LOC-11 approach

Post by Ryan B »

http://tiles.skyvector.com/sky/files/tp ... 89IL11.PDF

So I'm holding at MQO... I then ask for approach starting at CREPE. Tonite I entered the hold in lieu of (is that the right word?) at CREPE via parallel entry. Is this legal? Or am I supposed to teardrop? Teardrop seems like more than 90 degrees (from MQO 307R), whereas with the parallel I can simply fly outbound on the localizer then turn back to intercept (I did a 075 heading fwiw).

I need some RW instrument people's experience here!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Ryan B

Re: Help with SBP LOC-11 approach

Post by Ryan B »

Great! I won't count my terrible published missed LOL. Sometimes I think I need to go back to my little skylane it's much slower. Flying the missed in the lancair is so ferocious. Keith, on your missed approaches do you add full power or is there a power setting? Full power in the FSX lancair iv-p is nuts - there's so much power I feel I almost need to scale back on the go...
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'd recommend that you fly the Skylane until you can fly any approach and missed with ATC without breaking much of a sweat, then you're ready to move onto a faster plane. Other sim pilots have asked me why I spent hundreds of hours in the Piper Warrior shooting approaches when there were "so many more fun aircraft out there." That is why :)

For missed approaches in the Lancair (360, at least, no clue about a 4-P), I do use full power, start the climb and clean up the airplane.
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

The issue with this one was the small HDG 175 printed, then join the radial to MQO... I was turning for the radial but missed the 175 number argh!
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL