Voice Not Operational {FIXED}

TheMadDocMD

Voice Not Operational {FIXED}

Post by TheMadDocMD »

Just got a new CPU recently; trying FSX for the first time.

FSUIPC is installed.

I installed PE Client for both FS2004 and FSX; ran the installer as a adminstrator.

I am able to start up FSX - and 'connect' to PilotEdge server. I can see the drones flying around.

However, when it comes to hearing and transmitting - it does not work. When I press the PTT key it acts like it is transmitting by having the transmit light come on but no one can hear me on the other side. When someone else is talking, my RX light does not come on thus I feel it is something that I am doing wrong.

Additionally - when I press the PTT (Scroll Lock) the menu keeps coming up to transmit on the FSX ATC stuff like my multiplayer isn't connected... (which doesn't make sense to me if I am seeing the drones) but then again I came from FS9 so I am completely lost here.

Help would be much appreciated. Besides this stuff listed above I don't have any other addons really.

{{TEST WAS NOT ACCURATE DURING NON OPERATIONAL HOURS - FURTHER TESTING REVEALED NORMAL OPERATION}}
Last edited by TheMadDocMD on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MD
Real World Controller
FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Graduate - Sacramento, CA
FAA Certificated Aircraft Dispatcher
Keith Smith

Re: Voice Not Operational

Post by Keith Smith »

The default PTT key for PE is Scroll Lock, however, that is also the ATC window toggle for FSX. The solution there is to either pick another PTT key for PE, or remove that ATC mapping or FSX.

I'll help you debug the voice situation, ping me today when you're available.