XPDR setting when flying FSX

Mueller

XPDR setting when flying FSX

Post by Mueller »

Hey able pilots and controllers
When using FS9 and I connect to PE, a see a window, telling me whether I’m transmitting on the COM Radio or not and on which I can set the XPDR to ALT reporting or STBY respectively. I don’t see such a window when flying with FSX and connect to PE. Is this normal? And if it’s normal, how can I set the XPDR in FSX to ALT if the panel mounted XPDR does not allow it?
Thanks
Hans
Keith Smith

Re: XPDR setting when flying FSX

Post by Keith Smith »

You should see the transponder in FSX, too. Can you post the dll.xml config file for FSX?

When you installed PE, it should have picked up on the fact that you had fs9 and fsx installed, and asked you which of the two you wanted to use with PE (or both). Did that happen, and if so, which did you pick?
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

I don't see the window anymore myself and I haven't changed any settings...I run FSX.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

Just rerun PE installer carefully both on FSX and (if you use 2nd pc) Client PC. Make sure to select the correct option when the installer asks where PE will be run. After that reinstall SimConnect.msi sp2. I do it on the FSX and Client pc (don't know if it's really needed on FSX machine, but won't hurt). This should restore the correct work of PE.

Igor.