Fun flight this evening

scottcame

Fun flight this evening

Post by scottcame »

Decided to get in a few landings:

KSNA-KAJO-KRAL-KCNO-KONT-KPOC-KEMT-KBUR-KVNY-KSNA (last leg via Hollywood Park Route).

136 nm, about 60 minutes, most of it at around 2000. In the Columbia, the next airport comes up really fast!

Tonight's tower controller--I think it was Eugene--did a great job handling me popping up on different freqs every 5 minutes. Thanks for the great service as always!

The flight was up on PE Aware for a few minutes after I landed, but now it's gone. It was a pretty cool track (and altitude profile).

Fun!
--Scott
Scott Came
P/E: N118SC (C172) or N400SC (COL4)
R/W: Private Pilot, ASEL, KOLM (Olympia, Washington, USA)
Keith Smith

Re: Fun flight this evening

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Scott,

Sounds like an awesome flight! It sounds as though it was handled as one long flight by PEAware, and then something happened at the end which caused it to be considered an incomplete flight (and therefore was discarded). I've asked to Tim to weigh in on this one with tips and tricks for making sure your flights to get tracked. I suspect that if you made full stop landings and parked for a couple of mins at each airport, PEAware would've tracked them all as separate flights, but I'll wait to see what Tim says.

Keith
Tim Krajcar

Re: Fun flight this evening

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Yes, you need to be fully stopped, at the arrival airport on your flight plan, which needs to be an airport in PEaware's database, or you won't get tracked as landed, and the flight will be eventually purged an hour after you disconnect as incomplete. An easy way to make sure is to just pull up PEaware before you disconnect from the network; if the flight shows as 'Landed', you're good to go. If not, refresh the page every 60-90 seconds (anything more often is a waste of time) until it shows as landed, then you're clear.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube