X-Plane 10 Problems?

Jonathon S

X-Plane 10 Problems?

Post by Jonathon S »

I pretty much gave up for the night (whoever my controller was, I was the Saratoga, sorry I just disappeared!). I tried a flight from Palm Springs to Avalon and got a Crash To Desktop. I updated my graphics card drivers, grabbed the latest beta, and still got crashes. It seems more frequent since the upgrade.

Anyway, I sent a bug report to Laminar and I'm trying a full reinstall (just to make sure this isn't a problem between the legit install and the web demo). Is anyone else using v10? If so, any problems?
Jonathon S

Re: X-Plane 10 Problems?

Post by Jonathon S »

Uninstalled everything, reinstalled fresh (using the installer from the web), and updated to the latest ATI drivers. So far, so good. It could have been a problem with installing using the web demo.

I'll keep hammering on it and see if all is well. Some weird issues still with V10 that I assume will be worked out in patches.
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

hi,

My x-plane 10 is working ok when i do mot have PE plug in, but when I add the PE plug in I get a crash to destop, x-plane does not even load ?

Anybody else having the same issue ?

I have two other plug in that arenot working: SimAvio plug in and Reality XP plug in , it seems that plug ins are more delicate than other things in x-plane 10

cheers
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I liken the new version of X-Plane to a model 2012 Jeep that can drive a maximum of 30mph and has most components partially working.

To get it to go faster, it is YOUR responsibility to spend hours diagnosing the problem to find out it came with only 2 spark plugs, you take it to the dealership and they tell you they will deal with your spark plugs over the next several months and you shuold be happy about your purchase.

It has been an inept effort by Laminar for over a year, and they simply were taking advantage of the consumer's hunger for the product before the Xmas rush.

Be patient, go back to version 9 if you have it, and wait until Xplane 10 is not such a bloated and buggy piece of software. At least then you can enjoy the fine service from the guys at PilotEdge.
Lee Williams
Jonathon S

Post by Jonathon S »

lwilliams wrote:I liken the new version of X-Plane to a model 2012 Jeep that can drive a maximum of 30mph and has most components partially working.

To get it to go faster, it is YOUR responsibility to spend hours diagnosing the problem to find out it came with only 2 spark plugs, you take it to the dealership and they tell you they will deal with your spark plugs over the next several months and you shuold be happy about your purchase.

It has been an inept effort by Laminar for over a year, and they simply were taking advantage of the consumer's hunger for the product before the Xmas rush.

Be patient, go back to version 9 if you have it, and wait until Xplane 10 is not such a bloated and buggy piece of software. At least then you can enjoy the fine service from the guys at PilotEdge.
:lol: I agree. It's a shame because I love X-Plane. I'll just be happy when the kinks are worked out. X-Plane v9 is awesome and I am sure v10 will get there soon enough. :)
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

I also agree with this,

My simulator is not only about x-plane, my other components are just as important and if they all cannot run together with v10 it has no sense.
I need Pilotedge to work (not working with v10)
I need FTS Simavio for my instruments to work (not working with v10)
I need Reality XP GNS530 to work (not working with v10)
And I need my airport sceneries to work (not all working)

X-plane 9 or 10 only give me the outside view and is only a part of my setup.

And just like a lot of people I was really looking forward to a new version, but I can see now that I will not be using it until a long time. This is disappointing.

Anyway back to flying, back to x-plane 9, back to a stable and fantastic flight simulator.

Cheers
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Same here... I will give version 10 some time, I am sure it will be fine finally but for now constant crashes just take too much of my available time... cheers, AJ
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Ian,

You will probably have to update your plugins for your other gear for it to work properly. Have you contacted FTS and Reality XP about the issues? Make sure to delete your preferences when you update the plugs. I don't have my v10 discs yet so I haven't flown much in v10, but I'm sure I'll be flying 9.7 for a long time.

I love X-Plane but I too am amazed at the "good enough" mentality they have when they release a new version. A few months of us consumers doing "beta testing" will get the bugs worked out, I guess.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

Hi Steve,

yes FTS will clearly update their plug in no doudt about that

Pilotedge I suppose so, but I see no mention about anything happening on the forum

Reality XP ,not so sure I posted on the forum, send in a ticket, they seem to not answer anything anymore !!!

So way and see, But I think v9.7 will be alive for a long time ...

cheers

ian
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ian,

The only known issues with XP10 and PE have come about from people not installing the plugin correctly when they've attempted to move the files from their XP9 installation over to the XP10 folder. I've been running PE and XP10 for quite a while now without issue.

Post a screenshot of the content of your XP10 plugins folder so I can see if you are missing any files, and also post your log.txt file, which usually contain messages about why plugins aren't loading.