no voice hardware choices

Orest Skrypuch

no voice hardware choices

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Using FSX/FSInn currently, but long time SBx user prior to this. Setup is two computers linked with FSUIPC/Widefs. It was quite familiar.

After install and FSUIPC connection (I do appear on the map) the PTT button (yoke on primary) works, and the SB mini-gauge on the pirmary computer shows "TX" correctly. Simconnect is properly installed (on both machines), I use it for other add-ons.

However, in the PE VOICE setup (run on the secondary computer) the VOICE|Hardware dialog shows no imput or output devices. I stopped the FSInn client, just in case this was causing a problem, but no difference.

Just to sum up, primary computer running FSX, it did recognize the new PE DLLs, secondary computer running PE client. It will connect, but I can't set up the voice options.

What am i doing wrong?

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Keith Smith

Re: no voice hardware choices

Post by Keith Smith »

Orest, welcome to PilotEdge.

The Hardware selection box hasn't been implemented in the client (we use different voice libraries than the software from which this client was originally derived, Squawkbox 4).

For now, the software uses the Operating System default recording and playback devices. If you'd like to get the ATC into the headset and have the ambient noise on the speakers, then simply configure the sim to explicitly use the speakers as the sound device (rather than the default device) and then set the headset to be the default playback device at the OS level.

The sim change is a one-time change. The default device is probably something you'll want to toggle before and after running PE for now.

This will change in a future release. More info is available in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=962
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

Keith, Orest mentioned he had 2 computers on wideserver/client connection.

Orest, if you're running PE on the client there shouldn't be any problem with audio. All coms will be processed on the client pc an there's no need to select any audio device as there is none there currently. PE will use your default audio device on the client. The only tricky moment may be sending your PTT key from the joystick button to the Client. But if you know how to set it up in FSUIPC/Wideclient it shouldn't be a problem neither. Otherwise ask here, I'll share my settings.

Cheers,
Igor.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

I already have FSUIPC set up to send my PTT key thru widefs, to the network client. Works fine with PE.

First computer runs the aircraft sound. My USB headset is plugged into the second computer. I realized the trick (on the second computer) of temporarily assigning the default sound mic/out as the USB headset, before starting PE. That seems to work.

I was online briefly for a radio check with GND, and that now appears to work.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yep, there's no luck or trick, per se. The system absolutely uses the default playback device :)