Missing PE

Colin Payette

Missing PE

Post by Colin Payette »

I haven't been flying on PilotEdge as much as I want to lately and I'm starting to miss it! I'm reaching the end of my PPL Journey and have just one more dual, and one or two solos before I meet with the Examiner! Hopefully Febrary 6th, or sometime that week.

Basically I'm flying, studying, and doing flight plans so much that I'm just too exhausted to configure my sim at the end of the day. I'm looking forward to getting back to less stressful times and more relaxing evenings on PE in a Cub (my new favorite) :)

Also, I wanted to say thanks to all the controllers. My first month on PE, I flew like crazy and made my fair share of mistakes. I learned an incredible amount in just a few weeks of flying here - knowledge that would have cost hundreds of dollars and months of scheduling in the real world. As a result, my cross-country training and solos went very smoothly. I felt I was prepared for anything, and communicating with center/approach was just like I had done it on PilotEdge! This couldn't have come out at a better time for me.

See you all in February, ideally not as a student pilot!
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
Keith Smith

Re: Missing PE

Post by Keith Smith »

Well, how cool is that?

Best of luck with your checkride, Colin. I'm glad that you miss us, but it sounds like you have your priorities right, and that PE has served its short term purpose for now.

Go blitz that checkride and dazzle the DPE with your comms skills and more important, your situational awareness :)

Best of luck, let us know how you do!
scottcame

Post by scottcame »

Best of luck, Colin.

For what it's worth, I found the following to be pretty useful in preparing for the oral portion of my checkride. Each examiner and candidate is different, so take it with a big grain of salt. Maybe it's a slightly different angle than the other tools you're using to prepare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr483zBbQKw
Scott Came
P/E: N118SC (C172) or N400SC (COL4)
R/W: Private Pilot, ASEL, KOLM (Olympia, Washington, USA)
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

Thanks for the encouragement guys. That video looks interesting, I'll have to watch it.
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

I passed! I don't even know what to say, I'm so excited and exhausted. It feels weird after a year of constant studying and looking forward to this day but it's so worth it :)
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Congratulations, Colin!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Nicholas Cavacini

Post by Nicholas Cavacini »

Congratulations!
Nicholas Cavacini
NM Doug

Post by NM Doug »

Hey, that's great, Colin!
Christian Mears

Post by Christian Mears »

Congratulations! I'm almost there myself and it's great to read a bit of inspiration from others.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Blue Skies!

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com