Yes, yes and yes. ZOA that is!

DrZGard

Yes, yes and yes. ZOA that is!

Post by DrZGard »

The questions that go with those answers are:

1. Do I love PilotEdge?
2. Have I been waiting to use it flying in Central California?
3. Do I love being able to use PilotEdge while flying in Central California?

Great job this weekend opening up Oakland ARTCC. I made four IFR flights during the weekend each in different aircraft in and around the Oakland area. They were all handled with the same real world performance I've become accustomed to with PilotEdge while flying SoCal. I find the flying and especially some of the approaches even more interesting in this area of the world. For anyone wondering look up the VOR DMA -A for Watsonville (KWVI) and notice something I have not found on any other DME arc approach anywhere. This BTW is an approach Simcom uses to trip up pilots doing their recurrency training on their sims. Let's keep the word out, this is the hottest deal for real world pilot training/proficiency/practice that's ever been offered. FBO's that haven't already recognized this and implemented it need new management! This the 21st century and when it comes to flight simulation may the good old days never return!
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
TheMadDocMD

Re: Yes, yes and yes. ZOA that is!

Post by TheMadDocMD »

Nice job on that Arc Zane; I was your eye on the radar side working you on Friday night as well as tonight for the WVI arch. Pleasure having you fly with us! <Sorry I wasn't AJ like you thought haha>
MD
Real World Controller
FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Graduate - Sacramento, CA
FAA Certificated Aircraft Dispatcher
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

I took of from San Carlos twice, IFR and VFR, IFR clearance was a hard one to read back ( for me ) but I loved it.

Great job, Keith and all PE crew! You guys are the best! :D

Cheers, AJ ( Andrzej)
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Zane,

Cleared direct Man-TEH-Ca :lol:
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I got in two flights this weekend. Flew from SBA up to SCK to experience the hand off from ZLA to ZOA. I am truly addicted to PE now, not that I wasn't before, but I'm realizing how much more realistic and fulfilling it is to fly on PE rather than flying offline. Not to mention the educational experience it has been.

After I flew to SCK, I jumped into our ANW C208 and headed up to Garberville - O16 to pick up a friend to do some golfing at Shelter Cove. Stopped at Garberville, with engine running, just long enough to get him and his sticks on board and departed VFR over to 0Q5 just as the sun was setting.

Thanks for opening up ZOA for the weekends!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

LOL! Man-TEH-ca....Man-TEE-ca.... :roll:
Steven Winslow
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Steven Winslow wrote:LOL! Man-TEH-ca....Man-TEE-ca.... :roll:
Guys, you know I am from Poland, please explain, I am not getting it. :oops:
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Was it as good as the risotto??

Did a quick flight on Sunday night. So much more territory to explore now.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Andrzej, as I was approaching SCK, I was cleared direct ECA - Manteca VOR. I repeated the instruction and pronounced Manteca the way it is pronounced in Spanish as Man-TAY-ca. Well, actually it would be Mawn-TAY-ca. Anyway, another pilot chimed in that it was actually pronounced Man-TEE-ca. So we had a little bit of a Spanish lesson while descending into SCK. Manteca is Spanish for "fat" or "lard," depending on what you are referring to. Butter is "manteca de vaca" or more commonly called mantequilla. Spanish is a second language for me and I generally pronounce Spanish words with the Spanish pronunciation. I spent two years in Texas teaching Spanish speaking people years ago and I still try to keep up on my Spanish skills. But there are times when the American pronunciation is much different from the Spanish and it sounds funny to those who are more familiar with the local pronunciation. This was the case Saturday.
Steven Winslow
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

OK, now I understand ... :D :D :D . Thank you for taking time explaining it to me. If my wife was flying with me, I would use Spanish pronunciation ( she is from Venezuela) but when I fly, I will use the English version which in my pronunciation will be a mix of Polish and English, something like Man-te-ka ...lol.
Oh, I know the word mantequilla and I like it too ( the butter, not the word..lol), I wish I knew Spanish at least a bit.
When my wife starts talking with her friend, I am lost.
OK, thanks again. Cheers, AJ