VFR Flight Records

Steven Winslow

VFR Flight Records

Post by Steven Winslow »

Now that we can file VFR flight plans I thought our VFR flights would show up in our PEAware logs, but the last two VFR flights I have flown are nowhere to be found. Am I mistaken in thinking the flights should show up in our logs? Am I doing something wrong when I file my flight plan? For route I have been entering "VFR" rather than a list of waypoints.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Re: VFR Flight Records

Post by Keith Smith »

The idea was that they would show up on the home page and peaware.

Are you filling on the ground with a valid origin and destination, and remaining connected after landing.fire a minute or two?

Is it showing up on the homepage not long after you file?
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

The last two VFR flights showed me online but with no flight plan filed on the home page. Also, while in flight, I showed up on the live map. I'm not sure if I showed up on PEAware. I always remain connected for several minutes after I have taxied to parking and shut down. I file my flight plan just as I do my IFR flights, but I type VFR in the route field. Should I be leaving the route box empty? Yes, I am filling in a valid origin and destination. These two flight plans were both filed on the ground. The last one was from KVGT to KHND via 0L7 - Jean. Did the Rocks Route to get down to Jean and then I did some stall and spin practice near Jean for a little bit then headed to HND. Even had a bit of an incursion into Class B (wasn't paying attention to my altitude.)
Steven Winslow
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Was there a colon in the remarks by any chance (reference the bug we mentioned in the past)?
BeechV35Pilot

Post by BeechV35Pilot »

I also noticed none of my VFR flights were saved as part of my history (brief history, that is). I am not filing a VFR flight plan but one of my flights had flight following, which suggested I should have been in the system.

It would be nice to have all flights on PE become part of my history, not just IFR flights.
Regards,
Peter
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Nope....no colon. Learned that lesson. No remarks. The only thing other than filling out all the other necessary boxes was putting "VFR" (without the quotation marks) in the route field.
Last edited by Steven Winslow on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Winslow
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The primary reason for adding VFR flight plan filing in the X-Plane client was to allow these flights to be tracked on PEAware. I'll look into this when I return on Friday. I'm in Ft Rucker, Alabama right now (another interesting day of flying).

I cannot tell you how many times I have tragically mis-typed Ft Rucker.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Keith Smith wrote:I cannot tell you how many times I have tragically mis-typed Ft Rucker.

I laughed right outloud! Nice one!
Steven Winslow
NM Doug

Post by NM Doug »

I haven't had any VFR flight plan tracking issues in the past, but I didn't show up tonight. I don't know if this is related, but I think it may be. I'm attaching a screenshot of PEAware after I landed at KOXR and had taxied to parking - it doesn't look as if it updated after the first few minutes of flight, and the flight doesn't show up on PEAware now. My VFR flight plan had just been KIZA to KOXR at 5500 without a specified route.

Hope this helps!
Doug
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 9.12.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-21 at 9.12.55 PM.png (391.35 KiB) Viewed 5921 times
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

I cannot tell you how many times I have tragically mis-typed Ft Rucker.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one.

I have the same problem with VFR flight plans not showing on the PE page and on PEaware.

Enjoy your trip to Ft Rucker. :D