Future PilotEdge Events- We want your opinions!

How can PilotEdge further interest you in attending online events?

I have no complaints. I am happy with the publicity, themes and city pairs for the events and I have attended at least one event.
38%
PilotEdge needs to publicize their events better (please let us know how we could better publicize the events)
2%
I would prefer more general aviation events (short hops)
33%
I would prefer more heavy metal events (longer hops)
10%
The events need to feature better city pairs (please let us know what airports you would prefer)
No votes
The past event times have not worked with my schedule (Please let us know a time you would prefer us to hold the events)
17%
I was not aware that PilotEdge had online events
No votes
I am not interested in PilotEdge events (We encourage you to at least try one!)
No votes

Total votes: 42

Kevin_atc

Future PilotEdge Events- We want your opinions!

Post by Kevin_atc »

Over the past few months, PilotEdge has been hosting online events every couple of weeks. These events are designed with several goals in mind in order to enhance our pilots' experience on the network. The first goal of a PilotEdge event is to attract a high traffic volume to the network within a specific time frame. With the network being open 15/7, we see many different pilots each day, but they are all spread out over a 15 hour span. Generally, we like to keep events to a 2-3 hour time limit in hopes of condensing the traffic into a smaller window thus increasing the amount of pilots in the sky at a single time. The second goal of a PilotEdge event is to bring the high traffic levels into one (or several) designated areas. Condensing the online traffic into a specific airport or piece of airspace will not only allow you to see more traffic, but you will hear the other pilots who may just be a couple miles from you on final into an airport. The last primary goal we have for these events is to give our pilots more air traffic controllers to talk to. Where tower and ground may be combined for most of a regular day, during an event you can usually expect them to be split with different controllers giving you an even more realistic experience in the PilotEdge skies.

That said, we are looking for YOUR opinions on how we can further improve PilotEdge events in the future in order to further attract your attention.

The purpose of this poll is so that we can make future events exactly what are members are looking for. Please provide feedback about our past events if you have any. If you would prefer to keep your comments private, feel free to send me a private message on the forums.

Please select all that apply
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Steven Winslow

Re: Future PilotEdge Events- We want your opinions!

Post by Steven Winslow »

I voted for GA events, but they don't have to be short hops. I don't mind a couple hours or more in a Bonanza.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

The only thing I do not like is the operating hours.

On East Coast , they are from 11:00AM to 2:00AM, I understand that in CA it is from 8:00AM to 11:00PM but I think that EC guys are in a bad position.

If the hours could be shifted , even an hour, it would give both coast more even coverage. East Coast would start at 10:00AM and end at 1:00AM and West Coast would still have decent hours from 7:00Am to 10:00OM.

I know from the past though that Keith is not willing to change it.

As far as the timing, I would also like to see tome events in the morning on East Coast.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Well, I'm an east coast nighthawk, so the hours work fine for me. My only thought would be that It might be a hard sell for west coast ATC folks to be up and running at 7am local, their time.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

AJ,

Are you saying that the current operating hours of the network are prohibiting you from attending the events, or are you simply saying you'd like the hours changed in general? If it's the latter, I think that might be causing some confusion.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Keith,

Sorry for creating the confusion.

1. Yes, in general I was saying that one hour shift would probably benefit many East Coast pilots.

2. As far as events, yes, I would like to see some events in the mornings also.

Hope that clarifies the confusion and sorry again, my Polish English. :)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

AJ, we'll be opening ZLA at 9am EDT (6am PDT) this Sat/Sun specifically for the demos at Sun 'n' Fun. Enjoy the extra hours :)
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:AJ, we'll be opening ZLA at 9am EDT (6am PDT) this Sat/Sun specifically for the demos at Sun 'n' Fun. Enjoy the extra hours :)

"Woot, woot!" is what the kids say nowadays, I think.

Good news!
Lee Williams
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Sounds good. :D Will log in for sure.