Scenery

JustinWheat

Scenery

Post by JustinWheat »

What is some good recommended payware scenery for the California area. I would like to have payware ground textures in every area that pilot edge covers. Any recommendations are welcome.
JustinWheat

Re: Scenery

Post by JustinWheat »

Fsx
Brandon Grchan

Post by Brandon Grchan »

http://www.megasceneryearth.com/home.htm

Literally tell them what you and they price it appropriately from what it looks like.

They also have Megascenery: Socal/Reno/Vegas available for purchase
Brandon Grchan
PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller
Andrew Doubleday

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

Justin,

I still fly FS9, but a lot of the scenery I am using is payware and built for FSX as well.The FS Dreamteam scenery is fantastic - I'd highly recommend any of those (They cover LAX/LAS within our coverage area). Flightbeam KSFO is pretty outstanding (More up-to-date than Fly Tampa KSFO). Fly Tampa has SFO and SAN. As far as ground textures go, I am using Megascenery NorCal/SoCal (They have updated versions for FSX and I think a larger coverage area and the Vegas area, I believe). I use a nice freeware downtown Vegas upgrade that adds a number of hotels/buildings to the strip (search avsim for Vegas, that should return, I think it's FSX compatible as well). Shez Ansari makes a number of outstanding freeware scenery for smaller airports in and around SoCal (LGB, SNA, ONT, BUR, PSP - just search avsim or google for his name and they should return - can't recall if these are FSX compatible or not). There is also a great freeware scenery for SNA (I currently use this) out there that I posted about here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=980&p=5965&hilit=SNA+scenery#p5965. I believe this is also for use in FSX. Lots of decent freeware addons out there as well.

Hope some of this helps.

Regards,
Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI

Andrew Doubleday

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

I left out Mach 1 Design Group (M1DG for short). Just search that on google - tons of NorCal area freeware scenery (I think it's FSX compatible, but you'd need to double check).
Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI