FLY PFC hardware?

jcar

FLY PFC hardware?

Post by jcar »

FLYPFC hardware setup on Xplane. Anyone know how to set the left button on the FLYPFC yoke to call ATC? I have a flypfc Cirrus II console and I cannot find any settings to program individual buttons or dials using the default drivers that are built into Xplane.

JC
Tim Krajcar

Re: FLY PFC hardware?

Post by Tim Krajcar »

I have the "independent" PFC yoke which I believe is very similar to the console, and both on-yoke buttons show up as regular joystick buttons (0 and 1). PE pilot Zane Gard has a Cirrus console as well, maybe he can help more too.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Assuming this is all connected via USB to your machine, there is a plugin from PFC which lets you map the AP disconnect button on the yoke to remain as AP disconnect, or to trigger the "Contact ATC" function. You can email their tech support to ask for the "push to talk plugin for PilotEdge" and they'll email it to you.

However, if you have a SERIAL yoke, there's not much that can be done there, and you'll want to ask them for a USB PTT. It's an aviation-grade PTT from Aircraft Spruce with the end cut off and replaced with a USB HID device that simulates a key press.

To find out if you have a serial yoke, simply go into X-Plane and see if you have a bunch of PFC equipment checked in the joystick & equipment menus. If so, it's serial and the yoke support is hardcoded into X-Plane (and can't be changed).
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Go to the Settings menu then the Joystick, Keys and Equipment. See the screenshots below. Go to either the Buttons: Basic or the Buttons: Advanced pages. Then click the button you want to assign on the yoke, then select the Contact ATC button, then click the yoke button again then close the Joystick, Keys and Equipment page and you will be good to go. This is in V9.7, but I think V10 is pretty much the same. Good luck!
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-06-11 at 10.37.29 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2012-06-11 at 10.37.29 AM.jpg (142.21 KiB) Viewed 8170 times
Screen shot 2012-06-11 at 10.37.29 AM.jpg
Screen shot 2012-06-11 at 10.37.29 AM.jpg (142.21 KiB) Viewed 8170 times
screenshot_1.jpg
screenshot_1.jpg (133.09 KiB) Viewed 8170 times
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve's method (which is a visual depiction of what Tim described) will work only if the yoke buttons are recognized as generic USB button presses. That is NOT the case with most of the equipment that PFC sells. If you have a Cirrus II console from PFC, I suspect you're going to need to do what I described in my post.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Doh....didn't know about the proprietary plugin for PFC. I had a PFC yoke for a little while, but I didn't have the plugin so I used the default settings in X-Plane on my Mac. Between what Keith said and what I said, I hope you get it figured out.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
DrZGard

Post by DrZGard »

If it is the serial hardware which mine is there is not a way to program any of the buttons in xPlane. What PFC and xPlane programmed is it. I have a velcro on push to talk I put on the yoke and wired via a USB connection to recognize it as a joystick button which can then be programmed in xPlane. The folks at PFC can sell you one of these or you can do a little research and built it yourself. The left yoke button on the Cirrus is hardwired as the autopilot disconnect which is a mirrored assignment with the autopilot engage button on the radio stack so even in FSX it doesn't lend well to being a PTT.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
jcar

Post by jcar »

This is how I solved the problem. I used my microsoft joystick attached velcro the bottom and stuck under my PFC console desk so the buttons are facing me under the yoke. Programmed one button to call ATC. Priceless!

JC

P.S Kind of sucks that PFC get not get with Austin of X-plane and program one button on the yoke to call ATC.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (122.98 KiB) Viewed 8114 times
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Getting Austin to make a new build of something other them xp10 is non trivial
RiteFlyer

Post by RiteFlyer »

Hi Guys- does anyone have any experience with The PFC Remote Instrument Console? My sim is coming along, and I'm looking at several solutions for controlling on-screen instruments...

Thanks!
sim.JPG
sim.JPG (102.53 KiB) Viewed 8013 times
"Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I”
-Pink Floyd, "Learning to Fly”