Mode C on ground?

Keith Smith

Re: Mode C on ground?

Post by Keith Smith »

We try not to have any pe-only procedures. That wouldn't be helpful to anyone.
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

Keith Smith wrote:We try not to have any pe-only procedures. That wouldn't be helpful to anyone.
I thought that was helpful to few controllers tracking all the planes over a very large area. Turns out not.

Sabre.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sorry I was on my phone when I wrote that and had to keep it short. What I meant to say is that we try not to have any PE-specific procedures from a pilot perspective, as those would not be beneficial for their real world training.
yair1956

Post by yair1956 »

.. guys, maybe I did not get it right, but ATC told me that I need to set Mode C on PE, only than he can spot my Xponder, on FSX , I was looking on PE setup but could not find any place to set up the xponder.
Appreciate any help

Yair
Eugene Zaporozhets

Post by Eugene Zaporozhets »

Hi Yair,

I was the controller you talked to at CRQ. The issue was that you were probably trying to use your radio panel to set mode C, but in most airplanes, that will not affect the way your transponder appears on PE. You need to go to the PE Client window, click on the Start button and select "Transponder > Mode C."
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yair, it can be done from the PE client menus, as Eugene has pointed out. Additionally, though, there should a small PE window that pops up when you connect to the network which shows the COM1/2 TX/RX status AND has an 'normal' and 'stdby' setting for the transponder. When I was helping you set this up remotely, I did see the window during our initial testing. You can set the transponder mode from that panel with one click.
yair1956

Post by yair1956 »

.. Hey Eugene ... hope I did't get u a head ache ... lol ... & U R right I was actually trying to use the Radio Panel ... but on my way back still on the ground I set it to Alt & still was no good, so I'll take your advice and check on the PE side, & see how it works ....
C u on the Rwy !
Cheers !

Yair
yair1956

Post by yair1956 »

Kieth !
I think it's a very good & useful Idea ...
yair1956

Post by yair1956 »

.... okay, I see theTransponder but , I can't click, it's Gray not black .... :roll:
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

There is a floating window than can be placed anywhere on the screen. It is NOT part of FSX or your panel. It has the com tx/rx lights and the transponder modes. Is that what you're clicking?