Announcing collaboration with DigitalThemePark

Keith Smith

Announcing collaboration with DigitalThemePark

Post by Keith Smith »

DigitalThemePark is Teamspeak-based community (no web, FB or twitter) for various simulation communities. They've welcomed PilotEdge with open arms and will be organizing a slew of flyouts and events!

We'll be having a live Q&A session with users at 5pm PDT today (Fri, Sep 21) on the Digital Theme Park TS3 server (ts3.digitalthemepark.com)

PilotEdge will be working with DTP for real-time communication between pilots and for our upcoming workshops (they're finally happening!). Look for an announcement and schedule on the web site and here on the forum soon, but in the mean time, feel free to join the Q&A tonight.

The workshops will cover:
- how to connect to the network
- airspace primers
- communication for VFR pilots
- communication for IFR pilots
- getting through each of the PilotEdge Training Program ratings

We're excited to work with them and hope the PE community will make use of this great real-time resource for meeting other pilots, arranging flights, and talking about flying!
Keith Smith

Re: Announcing collaboration with DigitalThemePark

Post by Keith Smith »

I have spent some time on their teamspeak server and have been impressed with the level of organization, maturity, enthusiasm and level of participation. They are also very enthusiastic about PE.

I encourage users to swing by there any time to say hello.

We will be announcing our workshop schedule soon, which will all be held on their teamspeak server.

If you are looking to chat with other enthusiastic flight sim folks, this is a great place to do it.
bruce

Re: Announcing collaboration with DigitalThemePark

Post by bruce »

As a new user of PE who has spawned in from the DTP community I'd like to add that I am really looking forward to the "Workshops" sessions. To date I have managed to attain the I 03 rating thanks in part to the excellent teaching aids currently available on PE but the workshops will certainly be a welcome addition.

PE is a wonderful teaching/training environment & I look forward to many hours of flying in the LA & Oakland areas.