Can't Find Transponder

Mark Hargrove

Can't Find Transponder

Post by Mark Hargrove »

After a fairly recent rebuild of my primary "flying" FSX machine, including a re-install of PE, I cannot find my PE transponder -- it's just not there after I connect to PE. I didn't find any postings about this, thought perhaps I'm just using the wrong search terms. PE works, in the sense that I can hear controllers and talk to them, but I do not have my little widget that shows "receive" and "transmit" lights for the radio any more (and of course, the transponder mode switch).

Where the heck did it go? (or perhaps more appropriately asked: what did I do or fail to do when I did my reinstall that caused it to disappear?)

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Mark Hargrove

Re: Can't Find Transponder

Post by Mark Hargrove »

After tearing my hair out a bit, I removed and reinstalled PE and the transponder panel is back now. Don't know what happened during the previous install, but all is good again now.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Mark,

I had meant to reply to this sooner, sorry. I would've been interested to see the registry settings pertaining the transponder on/off toggle and the coordinates for the windows. If this happens again, let me know.

Keith
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Will do.

It occurred to me that the window was actually there, but just off my visible screen. I'd converted my extended dual-head system to a spanned display right before this happened. The spanned display experiment didn't work out for what I was trying to do, and so I converted back -- but the transponder was still missing.

If this happens again I'll coordinate with you to check whatever settings you'd like to see.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO