Dual Flight deck!!

Mitchell Byers

Dual Flight deck!!

Post by Mitchell Byers »

I and Zach B. took the amazing Carenado King Air 200 from Heber City Mun to Van Nuys sharing the duties in the flight deck. The aircraft handled like a new born baby, she was cranky but once we got airborne, she was happy. Zach was the PIC (even though I have about 500 more hours in King airs) (Aeroworx King Air 200) and I was more so helping him along LOL. Once we contacted Center, it was smooth flying from the point on. :D
Mark Hargrove

Re: Dual Flight deck!!

Post by Mark Hargrove »

And how did you do this?
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Mitchell Byers

Post by Mitchell Byers »

FSX Multiplayer connect, Once connects to Pilotedge and talks to ATC while the other flies the airplane :)
Simon Ambrose

Post by Simon Ambrose »

Michell and Zach -- sounds like you had a blast !!

Shared Cockpit is one of the best features introduced as a standard feature in FSX.

It's use on Pilote Edge raises some interesting questions.

(1) Can two Pilot Edge pilots, connected together in FSX shared Cockpit, BOTH connect to PE (so that EITHER can take turns in flying the plane, and BOTH can talk over the radio) ? What are the requirements, to deal with there effecively being TWO planes then connected to PE, at identical locations. Has PE got a way to deal with this ?

(2) The way Mark flew, with ONLY ONE plane effectively connected to PE, means that the other pilot was NOT really connected to PE -- the ther pilot's plane was just effectively in a Private Shared Cockpit session, that cause his plane to minic the PE plane. In this situation, the pilot that was Sharing with the PE pilot, could not talk over the radio, as he was not logged into PE (so could not hear the Controller -- only the PE pilot over FSX's Shared Cockpit intercom.

This would tend to show that BOTH pilots connecting to PE would be the most realsitic environment for the Pilots.

Shared Cocpit is a fantastic TRAINING tool, and allows simulation and practice of a mulkti-crew environment possible.

How fully does PE support this FSX "Shared Cocpit" enviroment . ?
Are there any preferred methods, or rules, for using FSX Shared Cockpit on PE ?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I was wondering the same thing. Either the second plane wasn't connected, or they both connected and had to ignore the ghost plane issues that would result.

Shared cockpit support is on the dev list for the pe client.

For now, the best method I have seen for instructor/student flying is to use a screen sharing tool like Skype or twitch.TV.
Mitchell Byers

Post by Mitchell Byers »

Zach was connected to Pilotedge while I was sitting in the right seat doing all to boring stuff the first officer does. :(
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Mitch. I assume that you weren't able to see the other PE traffic or hear the comms, then?