West coast timezone fly in?

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?

Best time for a west coast weekly fly in event.

Wednesday (planning) / Thursday (Flying) - 7PM PST
20%
Wednesday (planning) / Thursday (Flying) - 8PM PST
40%
Saturday (planning) / Monday (Flying) - 7PM PST
10%
Saturday (planning) / Monday (Flying) - 8PM PST
No votes
Wednesday (planning) / Saturday (Flying) - 7PM PST
30%
Wednesday (planning) / Saturday (Flying) - 8PM PST
No votes

Total votes: 10

djrisc

West coast timezone fly in?

Post by djrisc »

Hey all,
Would anyone else be interested in a weekly fly in on PE for the west coasters?

I would love to do the DTP weekly fly in but unfortunately all of it happens while I'm at work here on the west coast.

I just wanted to see how much interest there would be in a west coast version of the same weekly event. (Maybe just mirror the exact same DTP weekly at PST friendly hours?)

Let me know, and I'll be happy to talk to the DTP folks!

Brett
Last edited by djrisc on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Cyrus

Re: West coast timezone fly in?

Post by Cyrus »

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I'm on the east coast, but my flight/PE time is typically from 9:30pm to about 1am EST (I gotta get *some* sleep!). That's 630pm to 10pm PST. Is this the kind of time you're looking for? If so, count me in. 8-)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Hi Brett
I hope you get a good response. Finding a time that suits everyone is nigh on impossible & I think you have the right idea.
Feel free to fly our (DTP) published routes.(Was secretly hoping to copy some of yours)
Good luck
Bruce
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I was hoping the day would come where you guys would rally together and start organizing these. At last :)

This sounds like a great idea. The formal DTP flyout is timed the way it is because it caters to European visitors (midweek evening their time). Mirroring the flight later in the day for PST/EST use sounds like a wonderful idea. It would be neat to mirror the routes because you can then post shared experiences between the two groups that will have even more relevance, because a wider audience would've taken part in a similar flight between the same airports.

Have at it!
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Bruce,
I think I'll just start doing them, even if it's just me and a couple others at first and see how it goes. I figure I schedule them, eventually people will come.

I'd love to catch up with you sometime soon on DTP and just go over how you normally run things and we can just mirror that for the PST weekly.

Cyrus,
That's exactly around the times I was thinking was something like a 6/7pm PST start time on fridays. Then just mirror the planning on DTP on wed's at 6 or 7pm PST as well.

Happy flying!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Oh dang. I'll be on the road next Wednesday (no access to my FS9), although if the planning session is over a regular webpage or Skype (?), then I am happy to call in. But I also just realized that Friday's are no good for me (date night with the wife). Wow - I suck. Sorry. Hope you get more responses. Anyway, might still like to listen in on the Wed. planning session, if no one minds....
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Cyrus,
It doesn't -have- to be on Wed/Fri's. I was just suggesting it as it matched up with the other weekly Fly-In. If there is an overall consensus that it should be other days, then so be it.

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

I'd prefer a day other than Fridays too. Thursday?
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Ok, great. Well I'm good just about any evening except for Friday's. I guess everyone just should just post their top 3 days, and we'll go from there?

I'll join Jeff on Thursday's too then... and my top three choices would be:

1. Thursday @ 630pm PST (with planning the night before, same time)
2. Tuesday @ 630pm PST (with planning the night before, same time)
3. Monday @ 630pm PST (with planning on the Saturday before, same time)

Shame there's no voting feature here 8-)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Brett, if it helps, I'll happily create a poll if you PM me the options that you'd like to include.