East Coast Fly in planning

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?

What's you favorite day for the event?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Monday
22%
Tuesday
19%
Wednesday
7%
Thursday
22%
Friday
7%
Saturday
15%
Sunday
7%

Total votes: 27

Calvin Waterbury

Re: EAST COAST FLY IN!

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Does this mean PE is now on the east coast? Where? I must have missed the memo! I need to check in more often. :D
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Well....nice try! The EAST COAST is related to the physical location of the pilots only!!! We will fly on "PE Land" of course!

;)
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Calvin Waterbury

TexFly wrote:Well....nice try! The EAST COAST is related to the physical location of the pilots only!!! We will fly on "PE Land" of course!

;)
Ok thanks. I have to deal with a faulty noodle. I just thought I missed something, but I'll be sure to check with Keith directly in the future before I post anything on the open forum. Sorry for the misfire.

...now back to our regularly scheduled programming....
Last edited by Calvin Waterbury on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Thanks Everybody for voting!

Let's BUMP this thread and see if anyone else is interested. This weekend I will post a poll for the "time of the day" after storing the results of the "day of the week". So far Monday and Thursday are the clear winners.

If we do two fly-ins per month we might alternate those two days...just an idea.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

There is another thread called "West Coast Fly In" going on. I assume that 7PM PST (10PM EST) is too late for most people who are interested in the "East Coast Fly In"?

Personally, I'm on the East Coast, but the 10pm EST time is perfect for me..... and not sure if I'd be able to do 4 nights a week (of planning and flying).

Just asking..........?
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Calvin Waterbury

As I have been looking at the "menu" of this smorgasbord we have before us I am reminded of Sir Elton John's words...

"From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found...."

The truth is we would probably like to attend EVERY fly-in (how come they are never called "fly-outs?"), event, etc., but the fact is we are all finite creatures with a defined space of availability. The way to deal with this is to do what you want/can and don't stress over what you can't. This is important because if you overload, then one day in the future the price will be too great and burn-out will be the result and what is enjoyable will become loathsome. To put it more succinctly, here is a little poem I put together. Wise words... I just wish I could live them! :lol:

Plan all you can
Do your best
Enjoy your plan
Leave the rest.

Fair winds,
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Calvin for president.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Calvin Waterbury

TexFly wrote:...
If we do two fly-ins per month we might alternate those two days...just an idea.
You might consider leaning toward one every week anyway. Some weeks might be lighter/heavier than others, but it would offer the best opportunity for everyone. Maybe start with weekly, see how the attendance happens and adjust the schedule if necessary. Keep in mind it would be better to start with a weekly momentum and cut to bi-weekly later if necessary. If you start bi-weekly, then it will (normally) be harder to create the additional weekly momentum. I hope this makes sense?

Personally, I find it better to schedule events like this weekly. Attend the weeks I can and not worry about the others, but I remain aware the event *is* available. I stress less and enjoy the ones I can attend more, but that is your call.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
bruce

Post by bruce »

Calvin Waterbury wrote: (how come they are never called "fly-outs?"),
Hi Calvin,
When I originally posted the "DTP/PE Group Flyin" keith sort of pointed me in the direction of a standard format to adopt. He used the term "Flyout"
Thinking this was yet another case of the US bastardising the Queens English :lol: :lol: :lol: I adopted it!

Thinking about it, you have to fly out to fly in, now I'm confused.

Anyway next week we are "flying out" of Grand Canyon National Park KGCN & "fly in" to Henderson KHND. Join in if you can
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Bruce, my comment was related to making sure the date and time were in the subject. Call it a fly in or out, it's all good. I have seen both terms used.