64-bit beta for Windows

arb65912

Re: 64-bit beta for Windows

Post by arb65912 »

Hi Jim, thanks for sharing the tests. What really holds me up from using 64 bit on PE is XACARS, I claim my flight on PE for a VA I am a member and hey use XACARS for tracking the flight. Glad to hear all works for you. Cheers, AJ
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

64bit PE working great for me, other than I can't assign it to my headset sound card. (I think it's already been reported.)

Audio will always come out default windows sound card regardless of what's selected in preferences.

Now if FTS would update their plugin, I'd be all set.

Brett

btw, for previous poster, I have Saitek plugin from x-plane.org 64bit and its running great for the radio hardware.
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The sound card selection has been an issue under MacOS, but I haven't seen it be a problem under Windows yet. If you select the device, quit Xplane and come back, does the sound come out of the speakers? If so, can you paste the contents of your VSPro.out file after running it that way?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Added a link to this thread from our X-Plane download page. Will start work on a fat plugin structure for distribution (includes 64 and 32 bit versions).
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Keith Smith wrote:Added a link to this thread from our X-Plane download page. Will start work on a fat plugin structure for distribution (includes 64 and 32 bit versions).
Keith,
Now that 64 bit XP is final, where are we at with this fat plugin?
No pressure, I was just wondering...I am still waiting for the 64 bit SimAvio plugin and will not make the complete move to 64 bit XP until that time
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
SPAS

Post by SPAS »

Hello there,

very new to this and still in 15 days trial phase, however, I gave the 64 bit plugin a try a couple a days ago (and tried the 32bit yesterday). Aside from the volume being very low and getting almost covered by the engine and rotors noise (Yes I'm flying helicopters only) I got the impression that I could not hear other pilots talking on the radio. I heard the ATC all right (but the low volume) but not the pilots.

Will give it another run tonight, see how it goes and report back.

Also, could you please tell me if I missed something in the volume settings? Everything is set as it should be COM volumes in X plane are at max, engine and props volume are at 20% and like that the volume ratio is acceptable, but still not ideal...
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You won't hear pilots who are on other frequencies. That's how the system is designed at the moment. That's not a volume issue.
SPAS

Post by SPAS »

Thanks Keith, I figured that out in the meanwhile lurking in the forums, sorry I should have read more before posting...

However, I've got a different issue now... when I connect it tells mee "connected to PilotEdge, voice disabled"... Any hints?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

yes, you need to hook up a microphone and make sure it's the default recording device in your operating system prior to starting X-Plane.
SPAS

Post by SPAS »

And again, thank you... I thought I did but obviously not... I'll try and fix that and see how it goes, thanks for the invaluable support!!! I reallt did not expect an answer this fast!

EDIT: it worked... I swapped the headset's USB port and windows reset my mic defaults, it is now working fine!