64-bit beta for Windows

Martin Sulzynski

Re: 64-bit beta for Windows

Post by Martin Sulzynski »

I had the opportunity to install and test the 64-bit plugin today on an XP10 installation with no previous version of the 32-bit VSPro plugin. I first downloaded:

Windows X-Plane 64bit:
VSPro_files.zip v0.2.1

and then:
http://pilotedge.net/clients/64-bit/fmodex64.dll
http://pilotedge.net/clients/64-bit/ts3client_win64.dll
http://pilotedge.net/clients/64-bit/VSProPlugin64.xpl

(I found these 3 files were missing from VSPro_files.zip v0.2.1)
In my case, there was no additional requirement to install the C++ runtime on Win 7.

When I extracted VSPro_files.zip v0.2.1 (64-bit), I found it included the following files:
fmodex.dll
ts3client_win32.dll

These appear to be 32-bit versions of the files available via the URLs above.

Q1) Are these two dlls redundant for an XP10 installation that did not have a prior installation of the 32-bit plugin and will only be used in XP10 64-bit environment?

I did some testing and found no problems via Flight Sound X which connects via USB. However, I did find issues when using a Plantronics HW261N headset that plugs directly into the mic and speaker plugs of a PCI sound card via the QD to 3.5 mm adapter. In the Plantronics test case, receive was fine, but transmit was reported by ATC as either static only (worst case), or fading in and out (best case). However, independent testing of the headset in Win 7 found no issues with the microphone and the test.wav I recorded using the headset's mic was of high quality. I will repeat the Plantronics test again shortly.

Q2) Did anyone experience these problems when using a headset that plugs directly into a sound card with the 3.5 mm mic/speaker plugs (i.e. non-USB)? The sound card is an SB Audigy 2 and all drivers are current and working.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Martin,

Yes, fmodex.dll and ts3client_win32.dll are from the 32-bit installation, you can remove them if you'll be doing 64-bit only.

I don't have a good answer on the analogue headset connection. Many commercial customers are using aviation headsets going into an aviation intercom, then using the analogue aux out line to plug into the mic-in on the sound card.

If you're getting a good recording in Windows Sound Recorder, I'm surprised that there's an issue with the PE transmit. The only thing I can think of is that there are different 'capture modes' that are available when the plugin opens the sound device for audio capture. Perhaps in your case, the plugin would need to use one of the alternate modes. The plugin doesn't have a user interface for listing the modes and allowing the user to select one at the moment, though.
ncsterno

Post by ncsterno »

I need some HELP.
I'm a new member and am trying to load the vspro plugin for 64bit.

I have followed the instructions to the nth degree, 32bit loads just fine.
I have renamed the vsproplugin.xpl to .bak, have dropped in the 3 files from this thread into the plugin folder, and have made sure the MS visual c++ is current.
I am not getting any error messages nor is the system crashing, only that the plugin doesn't show up when I load x-plane 64bit.
Again 32bit works fine, radio check is good.

I'm sure it is something minor, but I have run out of ideas and trial and error fixes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Chris
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Check your X-plane log for errors related to the loading of VSProPlugin.xpl.
ncsterno

Post by ncsterno »

FIXED!!
Thanks for the help
Chris Stern
PPL-Instrument Rated-ASEL
Cape Fear Flying Club
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
DA-40XLS N695DS
DA-40XLS N829DS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Wow, that was easier than I thought. Normally I have to point out the line with the error message :)
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

ncsterno,
Enligthen us!! how did you fix it?
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I am not seeing an error in the log.txt. Is there a common solution that anyone can share?
Lee Williams
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:Lee, what is your issue?
Hey Keith;

Without thinking, I "upgraded" my X-plane to
X-Plane 10.22b2 (64-bit build 102201)

At the login screen, I can enter the information, but it won't allow me to connect. Upon clicking on the Connect button, nothing happens.

I will email the log.txt to you.
Lee Williams