Findflight?

Cyrus

Re: Findflight?

Post by Cyrus »

Ken, nice work!

So Keith, when are you going to release the PilotEdge SDK? ;)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
kullery

Post by kullery »

With Tim's help, links have been added to populate your web based PE flight plan with the Departure and Destination airports.

Also added instrument procedures as an additional selection criteria so if you get that mad desire to shoot a VOR/DME RNAV approach, now you know can find the only one in ZLA!!!!

Sorry for those that are not able to reach the site. If anyone has any suggestions about a more accessible, free (or cheap) webhost let me know.

ken
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Cyrus wrote:Ken, nice work!

So Keith, when are you going to release the PilotEdge SDK? ;)
What do you need? :)
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Nothing, I'm just messing. Although give me time, I could probably think of something (and I'm sure there's a fitting PE-integrated iPhone app floating around somewhere in my mind). lol

EDIT: I should add, I'm not a developer anyway... so now you know I'm just messing!
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
kullery

Post by kullery »

TEC Route search capability is now available on http://findflight.web44.net/. As of now they have their own search page, but I hope to incorporate it into the flight grid so you will immediately know if a TEC route is available for your flight.

I think I covered all of the odd ball exceptions (KTOA, KLAX, KSAN, KSNA, etc.). The database can be readily updated when changes are issued (the database is an extract from the FAA Digital Airport/Facility Directory).

Unlike Foreflight and iflightplanner.com, the routes are filtered by Aircraft Classification so you only get routes that apply to your aircraft (i.e. Jet, Turbo Prop, etc.).

Let me know if you see any issues......

ken
Last edited by kullery on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Outstanding, that was all that was missing
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Excellent job, Ken. Thank you.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Cool. But, uh oh...

Response Error.
Technical description:
502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.
kullery

Post by kullery »

Hey Cyrus,

Sorry you couldn't reach the site. It likely means that your service provider is blocking the IP address from the free hosting service I am using. Since it is free hosting, there is not very much control about what gets created and a number of providers have simply blocked access to all content from these servers.

Ken
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Ken,

I can offer you some space on my Bluehost account if you are interested. I'm seeing the app uses PHP, does it have a MySQL backend? If so you and I can chat sometime in the next few days and get you moved over.

I do pay a relatively minor amount ($5/mo) for it, but since it's something I already pay for due to other projects, I'm happy to share with you since this is a cool project in need of a suitably cool home :)

Let me know...
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube