[January 17th 08:00pm PST] Westcoast fly-in: KVNY to KOKB

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
djrisc

[January 17th 08:00pm PST] Westcoast fly-in: KVNY to KOKB

Post by djrisc »

Planning: January 16th 08:00pm PST - DTP Teamspeak in PilotEdge room
Flight: January 17th 08:00pm PST

For this first flight I thought it would be fun for me to plan it from my home airport (KVNY is 6 miles from my house) down to my inlaws neck of the woods in the Fallbrook/Oceanside area. (Thus KOKB)

This flight also gives the option of how you deal with the bravo while heading south.

Feel free to attend even if you miss the planning. I want to keep the flight flexible so feel free to fly it VFR or IFR. (I will be flying it IFR.)

Hope to see you all there! I'll be flying it regardless of attendance, so feel free to join last minute if you'd like, everyone's welcome.

Also, feel free to drop me a message here on the forums for suggestions for future flights!

Hope to see some of you there!!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
bruce

Re: [January 17th 08:00pm PST] Westcoast fly-in: KVNY to KOK

Post by bruce »

Hi Brett, Hope you have a good one. At 0400z I hope to be having sweet dreams but I'm sure you will get a good response.
I will certainly be flying it another time, VFR via Coastal Route
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

If you move it by another hour for me it would be almost not too early to wake up ]:-> Unfortunately I wont be able to join (0500 local)
Piotr Ratajczak
PE: RealAir Duke Turbine (N609PR), PMDG B737-800 (N738PR, LOTxxxx)
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Unfortunately, if I keep adjusting the time for people, I will be in a never ending state of adjusting it, as everyone has different times that work for them.

I'm going to go ahead and keep it at this time for a few weeks and see how attendance is, and then go from there.

Sorry the time doesn't work for you.

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

I'm just kidding, I certainly understand.
Piotr Ratajczak
PE: RealAir Duke Turbine (N609PR), PMDG B737-800 (N738PR, LOTxxxx)
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Brett,

Sorry I couldn't make the planning session. Is there now a plan? :-)

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Mark,
No worries! By the looks of your other thread you are planning the same route I am.

I'm planning on: KVNY +GLEN1 BURN26 KOKB

So I plan on filing: +GLEN1 ADAMM V186 ROBNN V208 OCN

I fully expect the V208/OCN leg to get tossed out by ATC and get vectored once I hit ROBNN.

Im also sticking with /a as I'm working on mastering VOR nav before messing with GPS.

Hope to see you there!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Hi Brett. After all my fussing about the time, I feel bad for not making it last night. I hadn't been on PE in almost two weeks (after only a few sessions since joining before that), and I really needed to get back in the saddle (so that's what I did once the kids were in bed!). I might try to make it tonight, but after my slightly-troublesome-but-still-rewarding "no GPS" VFR desert run last night, I've lost a little confidence. Honestly, not sure if I feel ready for moving around in the LA Bravo right now. But perhaps I'll turn my GPS back on for tonight and join you all. I'll have to see how time goes.

Thanks for posting the route. If I do join, I'll probably do the same. Are you planning to request your taxi at KVNY right around 8pm PST, or is that the time you start hop in the cold and dark craft?

Anyway, hope you have fun! (and try not to buzz the in-laws too loudly :lol: )
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

One more question: what craft are you going to fly ? i.e. approx what speed ?
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Cyrus,
No problem at all! Schedules are always tough with this kind of thing, so I'm not worried about it. I'll be flying these every week anyway, so this way if others join in, then it just makes it more fun. :)

I plan on starting in a cold/dark aircraft at 8pm PST in KVNY. I will be flying in a Cessna Skyhawk 172, so what's the cruising on that like 117kts or so?

lol @ buzzing the inlaws. I should pop open the world editor and add their house before the flight tonight. ;)

Hope to see you there!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.