A Gaggle of DC-3's

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
bruce

A Gaggle of DC-3's

Post by bruce »

Some nostalgic pics taken during a Bomber Base Tour in the UK last Sunday. A little light relief after the trials of PE :lol:

Jeff N

Re: A Gaggle of DC-3's

Post by Jeff N »

Wow, very cool. That looks like a lot of fun, and the eye candy is impressive.

Are there more detailed "CSL" files for FSX (which I assume is what you're using)?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

FSX uses actual aircraft models and actually instantiates them as other aircraft within the sim. We'll eventually have a new CSL format with xplane which allows for animated parts.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I wish the logon app for PE had a drop down menu that would let you choose from the nearest aircraft type to what you are flying (so we're not just rendered as the PE default when we fly a MIG35).

Does FSX still grab this info when flying thru PilotEdge? Do FSX users get a better picture of other aircraft?
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Keith Smith wrote:FSX uses actual aircraft models and actually instantiates them as other aircraft within the sim. We'll eventually have a new CSL format with xplane which allows for animated parts.
Nice, looking forward to that. It'd be neat if there was a way to "publish" our own CSL files in X-Plane to reflect whatever livery we're using each time we connect, including custom paint schemes. Wishful thinking I know, and would only be seen/noticed by a tiny fraction of users, but it'd be cool for fly-ins, as seen above.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Xplane Builder can create an object from any aircraft, but I have not checked v10 yet to see if they fixed the issue with the way it created the objects. Essentially v9 would create a plane that sank into the ground to the chordline of the wings. I tried to fix them in blender but I don't know the app as well as I should yet.

But possibly if they fixed that issue in v10, then any one of us could create an object of the craft we are flying. Possibly we could upload our own csl's to a PE server, or the PE app could share the csl with other users within a limited range. I dunno, I'd leave the fancy programmin' to Kieth. All the languages I coded in are now dead languages.