64 bit plugin for mac

Joris

64 bit plugin for mac

Post by Joris »

Dear Kieth,
Any news on when this will be released?, X-plane unexpectedly totally ran out of memory yesterday right after an hours flight right before landing and crashed. 64 bit will for sure eliminate those unfortunate events.
Thanks
Joris
Keith Smith

Re: 64 bit plugin for mac

Post by Keith Smith »

We're going to have to set a date for the cut over to support this. If you're not already aware...every single person who uses pilotedge would need to swap over to a new build of PilotEdge on the same day. That's....non-trivial :)

Now that XP 64-bit is in Release Candidate stage, we're going to have to do this soon, no doubt.

I will get a 64-bit build working for the Mac with the new voice library (not compatible with the current voice server, and there is no 64-bit mac build of the voice library for the current voice server) and then I will set a date for the cut over. I'm also going to speak with the vendor to see if they can get me a build of the 64-bit mac voice library for the current version of the voice server. That would help IMMENSELY.
James Burns

Post by James Burns »

Keith, if you need help on the OSX side let me know. will be glad to lend a hand.
CI0/Chief Pilot/Test Pilot/Hub Commander/ECW Hub Commander - AirNorthwest Virtual Airlines
"No good decision ever came from a swivel chair" -General George Patton
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I have a ticket opened with the voice library provider to see if they can furnish me with a 64-bit Mac build of the version of the library that we use (as I've said, they have a 64-bit Mac build available now, but it's for a newer version of the voice library/server and is not backwards compatible with older library that we're using. I know I've mentioned this in many threads, but none with a thread title as on point as this one :)

I'll post any updates here.
breadwild

Post by breadwild »

Forgive my naiveté (I'm a Perl programmer), but with regards to the issue of everyone adopting the 64-bit version at the same time, can the application work like iGMapHD, e.g., that has both 32 and 64 bit and just loads whatever it needs for whatever version of X-Plane is being started?

Like I said, if this is a totally ignorant thought, just shoot me.

{B}
YouTube Channel (X-Plane)
X-Plane Tools (.fms generators)
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Please forgive my ignorance, but can I assume there will be no issues for those of us still flying V9.7 when this upgrade occurs?
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The mac plugin will be a single file that supports both architectures, as will the library. So, no issues for 32-bit users.
breadwild

Post by breadwild »

Good to know. Thanks, Keith
YouTube Channel (X-Plane)
X-Plane Tools (.fms generators)
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Whew!! Thanks, Keith!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Keith Smith wrote:I have a ticket opened with the voice library provider to see if they can furnish me with a 64-bit Mac build of the version of the library that we use (as I've said, they have a 64-bit Mac build available now, but it's for a newer version of the voice library/server and is not backwards compatible with older library that we're using. I know I've mentioned this in many threads, but none with a thread title as on point as this one :)

I'll post any updates here.
After a lot of work, they have something for me. It's a SLIGHTLY newer version than ours, but hopefully still compatible. If this works, we'll be able to move to 64-bit for Mac without upgrading the voice library for everyone else.

Bear in mind, this might still have issues under the newer releases of MacOS (the audio breaking up), but we'll see.