Thrilled With Myself - VFR Victory

lwilliams

Thrilled With Myself - VFR Victory

Post by lwilliams »

I was one of those IFR jockeys that shy'd away from VFR flight. It was easy to look up a TEC route or file a simple IFR plan, then giddyup and go.

Then the workshops for VFR started and I watched, learned and tried to apply as I went. This peaked my interest and after the first two workshops, I did some easy non-towered to non-towered flights. Cool, but not challenging. I felt empty without ATC always telling me what I could do.

We progress a little further by taking off from a Class C to a Class D. More to think about, but I was only moderately overwhelmed. Let's push it a little more, I said. Let's fold in some new elements.

By this time, I have another workshop under my belt, so let's see if I learned anything. I picked a FSEconomy flight using a Cessna C172 Skyhawk from Whiteman to Long Beach...this could be cool! The Coastal Route can help us get here, so, let's do that.

Only a couple of small glitches, no crashes and the passengers gladly paid there fee (thankful that the parachutes were not needed). I nice little rush after all went fairly well.

The point of this.......
1) One attaboy for me (in the form of a well earned ale) as I have started to apply what I have learned, and
2) One million attaboy's to the PilotEdge crew and the VFR workshops. Great idea and I look forward to more.

Thanks Keith, the PilotEdge Crew and all!

Lee
Lee Williams
rgrazian

Re: Thrilled With Myself - VFR Victory

Post by rgrazian »

Lee, Congrats...! These guys are the real deal...
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Congratulations, Lee....it's a good feeling, no? :)
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

It's good feeling, yes!
Lee Williams
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Great job, Lee. I know the feeling as well as the feeling when you want to hide under the rock..lol,lol . Cheers, AJ