Closing Deltas

arb65912

Re: Closing Deltas

Post by arb65912 »

Impossible to say last name??? How about Andrzej Borysewicz? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( boh-hry-se-which) , talk about hard to say names. :)

Anthony, nice explanation on Santana-staso, really easy. Where does the accent goes? Just curious.

Cheers, AJ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just starting a 3 day vacation here, but it is great to see the feedback from this event. The timed conga line format seems to be a big hit.
JN_

Post by JN_ »

Thanks for organizing this event, it really was a blast! All of the local traffic -- while taxiing, departing, en route, arriving, and then taxiing again -- really increased the realism factor. Also adding to the realism: arriving at a busy airport with numerous aircraft in the pattern, and then having to wait for a moment of radio silence on the busy TWR frequency so that I could make my initial call up.

I didn't know that I would be participating until 30 minutes before the event, so I had to plan each leg (VFR) before I flew it. I ended up lagging behind the posted schedule, and was worried I would miss the traffic, but I still got plenty of traffic-induced interactions at OXR, RAL, and FUL. In particular, thanks to all of the pilots arriving at OXR or remaining in the pattern, and those staying in the pattern at RAL. I didn't see a lot of traffic after FUL, but there was an IFR flight which departed shortly after me out of FUL, overflew me and was on approach at RNM when I arrived, causing the controller to ask me to make short approach.

In all, despite running late I had plenty of interaction with other pilots. Great event! Thanks again to all of the controllers!

Jim