JS32 Pilotedge livery

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
iomagico

JS32 Pilotedge livery

Post by iomagico »

Here the new PilotEdge livery of my favourite aircraft, the Javier Rollon Jetstream 32 (x-plane).
The registration came from Isle of Man.
If someone like it and want the same livery with different registration, will be more than happy to paint it.
It's my very first livery paint and it I can say I enjoyed the process.
cheers

:D

Angelo
Attachments
Jetstream32_11.jpg
Jetstream32_11.jpg (272.99 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Jetstream32_9.jpg
Jetstream32_9.jpg (287.22 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
Jeff N

Re: JS32 Pilotedge livery

Post by Jeff N »

Wow, very cool! Looks great.
iomagico

Post by iomagico »

Jeff N wrote:Wow, very cool! Looks great.
Thanks Jeff, glad you like it !!!

:lol:
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

too cool. we should get a csl made and have a js32 event.

everyone who has this plane seems to like it.
iomagico

Post by iomagico »

Keith Smith wrote:too cool. we should get a csl made and have a js32 event.

everyone who has this plane seems to like it.
Would be fantastic.
Will be there, for sure.

Piloting this plane is like tame a very wild horse, so you have to be prepared to bite some dust.
When you got that is a pure pleasure.
You can't relax and it's beautiful fine tuning it.
A masterpiece!

:lol:
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Sweet livery! Nice job, especially for your first go. I've done quite a bit of painting on Carenado's and a few other aircraft and I, too, find it quite fun and rewarding to do. Too bad this plane is not compatible with my Saitek gear. I agree she's a beauty, but if I can't use my gear the way I can with other aircraft, then it's a no buy for me.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
iomagico

Post by iomagico »

Steven Winslow wrote:Sweet livery! Nice job, especially for your first go. I've done quite a bit of painting on Carenado's and a few other aircraft and I, too, find it quite fun and rewarding to do. Too bad this plane is not compatible with my Saitek gear. I agree she's a beauty, but if I can't use my gear the way I can with other aircraft, then it's a no buy for me.
I'm using saitek radio panel, saitek multi panel and saitek pedals, without problems.
What is your saitek hardware?
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I have two radio panels, multi panel, switch panel, two throttle quadrants, yoke and rudder pedals. I've seen posts on other forums that describe issues with the throttle, prop and mixture controls.

Amongst others, this one in particular:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/top ... th-saitek/
Steven Winslow
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
iomagico

Post by iomagico »

Steven Winslow wrote:I have two radio panels, multi panel, switch panel, two throttle quadrants, yoke and rudder pedals. I've seen posts on other forums that describe issues with the throttle, prop and mixture controls.

Amongst others, this one in particular:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/top ... th-saitek/
The only real issue you should have with your hardware is the propeller axis control. (And mixture of course because no mixture control is present on this aircraft)
I bought the plane the same day it was released and in the first version had the chance to control the propeller with a joystic axis. This way I noticed that propeller has very little adjustment around the taxi position and flight position. If you work with a joystic axis have to fine tuning the plane on a very small course (but you can still change the prop parameters, as you can do for example on the Tom Kyler MU-2)
Starting from the second version Javier Rollon cut the possibility to assign an axis to propeller and wrote on forum that is not necessary to move the prop value (one position on ground for taxi and another one for flight).
Here my post of december 2012 on x-pilot

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/top ... entry44796

I still enjoy the fine tuning you can reach by very small movement of the prop and I do that with mouse :roll:
Maybe the average user don't even try to touch the prop lever during flight but I do for 2 reasons:
1 - when have to climb above 10.000 feet you have to work a lot with engine control to reach a good vertical speed
2 - it's really nice to look for the best equation when you work with torque, RPM and EGT.

Sorry for long post

:oops: :lol:
Last edited by iomagico on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

iomagico wrote: Starting from the second version Javier Rollon cut the possibility to assign an axis to propeller and wrote on forum that is not necessary to move the prop value (one position on ground for taxi and another one for flight).
Sad that he changed this. Probably because there were too many users who didn't know how to use the feature.
iomagico wrote:I still enjoy the fine tuning you can reach by very small movement of the prop and I do that with mouse :roll:

That's my point. If I have a perfectly functional throttle quadrant, I should be able to control the props with my prop control levers.....not a potato in my hand.
iomagico wrote:2 - it's really nice to look for the best equation when you work with torque, RPM and EGT.
Precisely! I ALWAYS lean my mixture and watch my EGT, CHT and RPM's. I use real world checklists and aircraft specifications to keep my engines running optimally.
Steven Winslow