The Big Day...!

rgrazian

The Big Day...!

Post by rgrazian »

Hello Pilot Edge Friends!

Today I completed my Instrument Rating check-ride (and passed). I am making this post to celebrate the occasion and to thank Keith, all of the PE controllers, and many of you on this forum. This week was supposed to contain three final review flights, one being a mock check-ride. However, due to storms and very high winds during the past week, those did not happen. Needless to say, I took my check ride with 40.3 of the required 40 hours instrument under Part 61 (19.6 AATD + 20.7 Airplane). The good news was that early on in my real world training I participated in a couple of the PE workshops and flew a lot with you all. How many hours I’m not sure, but my wife says it was a lot! I credit a great instructor along with PE’s phenomenal supplemental training component to my success.

Thanks again to everyone!

Safe flying,

Rob

Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane, ASEL
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
Keith Smith

Re: The Big Day...!

Post by Keith Smith »

Out.....standing.

Congratulations!!

Now, please, get out there and use it! It's harder to keep the currency than you might think, but at least you can use the sim to help stay proficient. Now that you have been exposed to r/w IFR, you can tweak the sim to practice the stuff that you consider to be important. In fact, there's a workshop coming up focusing on this exact topic. If you can attend and share your thoughts on how you like to use your sim, that would be awesome :)
rgrazian

Post by rgrazian »

I see that is on June 25th. I just put it on the calendar! I will be there. BTW-That is good timing as I have a big XC trip planned to North Carolina with my family on the 28th.
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

rgrazian wrote:BTW-That is good timing as I have a big XC trip planned to North Carolina with my family on the 28th.
Do you have a Plan "B"?

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com