Aug 5, 0800pdt .....into KVNY

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
bruce

Aug 5, 0800pdt .....into KVNY

Post by bruce »

GA or heavy, take you're pick.Planning on Bullhead to Van Nuys (RW16R what else) but departure field your discretion.
bruce

Re: Aug 5, 0800pdt .....into KVNY

Post by bruce »

Well that turned out to be an interesting flight in more ways than one, not to mention the wx at KVNY at the time of our departure from KIFP (ovc 200ft fog etc) forcing us to seriously plan for an alternate field if the wx didnt clear. Fortunately it did about 20 minutes before arrival. Alls well that ends well!
I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

that was great fun, Bruce, thanks for posting! I'll come to as many of these as I can.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

suggestion: depart common airport, leave controlled airspace, do some close flying, take a few happy snaps, re-enter controlled airspace, head for destination.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Kim Ellis wrote:suggestion: depart common airport, leave controlled airspace, do some close flying, take a few happy snaps, re-enter controlled airspace, head for destination.
Communication with ATC isn't always a requirement in controlled airspace, but I see where you're heading :)
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Or, maybe ask one of the controllers if we could have the Heathrow 0600-0700 "clear the four stacks" procedures operating on KLAX 25R (or L) for 5 or 10 minutes one morning. What a hoot that could be, but we would need quite a few more pilots. (fyi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mX30SL2Z0U)