Aug 29 0830 pdt KLAX to KSEE

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Piotr

Re: Aug 29 0830 pdt KLAX to KSEE

Post by Piotr »

Thanks for a nice talk guys. There is some plague with this software, by the end of the flight my weather engine went nuts, giving me much worse weather that I heard from controller. I went to almost IMC on circle to land at KSEE, need to do my first PE diversion. It felt like I was missing at least two extra hands: trying to maintain visual terrain clearance below minimum vectoring alt., talking with controller, looking for alternate airport charts, reconfiguring aircraft approach settings... Before that I even got a rare TCAS traffic alert, one level below ordering evasive maneuver.
Piotr Ratajczak
PE: RealAir Duke Turbine (N609PR), PMDG B737-800 (N738PR, LOTxxxx)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Kim Ellis wrote:Sorry I couldn't make it in time. As it is, 2 hours later, I am still trying to make the portable simpit useable. I have had to add back in one more disk with the saved flight plans etc on it. I'll be back up and running this month LOL.
So glad to hear you got to see another plane. Thanks Prat/Peter.
...and there was I thinking you'd taken offence to my sledging :o
Glad you could join us Prat/Peter? Did you divert to KSAN in the end?
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

Yes, I ended up at KSAN. I was circling over KSEE on LOC-D approach and weather dropped below minimums. I think my weather engine messed up sth. Even at KSAN it wasn't much above minimums. METARs for that time were much nicer than that :D (SAN 291651Z 28004KT 10SM FEW100 BKN140 24/18 A2993)

(I'm Piotr- polish for Peter)
Piotr Ratajczak
PE: RealAir Duke Turbine (N609PR), PMDG B737-800 (N738PR, LOTxxxx)