[X-Plane] Adding airport layouts and signage

Keith Smith

Re: [X-Plane] Adding airport layouts and signage

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, would be great to have a comprehensive set of start up locations to allow for push back from realistic spots, or startup at various FBO's/ramps (in the case of GA aircraft).
Eugene Zaporozhets

Post by Eugene Zaporozhets »

CNO, FUL and HND are finished and will soon be available at http://www.xplanes-scenery.com/. Thanks, Adam!

If anyone considers trying out these airports, feel free to point out any bugs or oddities that you encounter, there's still time to fix it before they're submitted to the Xplane database.

Starting CCR, MER and STS.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

This week I should be posting KCIC and the airport Eugene sent the other day. AFter that I am going to work on Stockton. If I remember correctly, that is the airport that was missing an entire runway. I have a corrected version of that airport up already, but I built the runway in Overlay editor so it is not entirely accurate. The rebuild will be done in WED so the runway has the proper lighting.
Eugene Zaporozhets

CCR, MER, and STS are done.

Starting General Fox, Gillespie, Laughlin/Bullhead.
Eugene Zaporozhets

General Fox, Gillespie, Laughlin/Bullhead are finished.

Starting Long Beach, Mojave, and Victorville.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I just added KMER to the list. Nice little airport, google earth made it look half abandoned.

It was really nice flying at Chino for tonight's Beta. Since I was flying an F86D Saberdog I had the option of starting from Planes of Fame (a small air museum located on the northside of the airport.)

Eugene, I think I am caught up with the 6 airports you sent me. You got any more apt.dat files for me to skin?
Eugene Zaporozhets

Long Beach, Mojave, and Victorville are finished.

Starting Van Nuys.
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Eugene Zaporozhets wrote:Starting Van Nuys.
Wahoo! Looking forward to it. :mrgreen:
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
TheMadDocMD

Post by TheMadDocMD »

Hey Guys - I was reading this trying to catch up on the 'skinny'

We are using X-Plane with PFC Simulators at our college flight simulation lab that I am working for as a assistant. Our instructors have noticed no taxiway signs etc and would like to remedy that - is there just simple files that I can install to give us taxiway signs only without installing too much additional items?

Additionally - there are a couple airports (KMHR to be exact) that we 'train' at for ATC that is completely different in x-plane than real world - is there a taxiway only scenery that you guys have done to correct the taxiway situation?

We really are not looking for the buildings and eye candy because that is not needed to learn how to fly etc in our lab - we just need some of the basic items that a pilot uses everyday (Ie being able to pull the airport diagram out and follow it and taxiway signs)

**Edited to list airports we most care about**
KSMF, KSAC, KMHR, KOAK, KSFO, KRNO

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by TheMadDocMD on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MD
Real World Controller
FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Graduate - Sacramento, CA
FAA Certificated Aircraft Dispatcher
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Mark,

That's precisely the original intent of this thread, to get accurate "airport layouts and signage" for each airport in the coverage area. There are a number of different distribution options but in the short term, if we could compile a single scenery package with all of the content contributors' work, merging them all into one file and add it as a single custom scenery package, that would be great.

I can't take this on right now, but if anyone else would like to take this on, please do.

Adam, if you're up for this, that would be ideal as the package could sit right along side the more complete scenery packages that you've developed with OpenScenery-X.

Longer term, these layouts should be submitted to Robin Peel who maintain the master X-Plane airport database. That way, it will be included in core updates in the future.

Keith